Complaint Review: Petland in Dunwoody, GA

• Reported By: Anne — Sandy Springs Georgia United States of America
Petland in Dunwoody, GA
4733-B Ashford Dunwoody Rd. Dunwoody, Georgia United States of America

Petland in Dunwoody, GA PuppyMill Dogs Dunwoody, Georgia

My boyfriend and I bought a "pure-bred" AKC registered black & white boxer from Petland in June 2012 for $2000.  At least we were told he was pure-bred.  I have now discovered online that black hair is not in the pure-bred boxer gene, so he can't be pure-bred.  He is now 9 months old and has been sick ever since we brought him home.  He has had a UTI, an E-coli infection, mange, worms and an eye-infection.  We were told he was chipped and de-wormed ... not.  My vet can't find a scan for a chip, so we'll have to have that redone.  He also can't be crate trained.  Since he was "taught" to pee/poop in his crate and never went outside, he doesn't have an aversion to it.  9 months old and still pees in it at least twice/day.  He is also very small for a boxer, esp. a male boxer - probably was the runt at a puppy mill.  I have learned my lesson about Petland and I would warn ANYBODY who is looking for a dog to stay far far away from it.  We never even went back there to pick up his AKC papers.  Why waste the gas money for worthless docs?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2012 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petland-in-Dunwoody-GA/Dunwoody-Georgia-30338/Petland-in-Dunwoody-GA-PuppyMill-Dogs-Dunwoody-Georgia-981092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petland in Dunwoody, GA