Complaint Review: Petland

• Submitted: Sun, December 07, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 12, 2009

• Reported By:Cedar Park Texas
Petland
1019 University Avenue Georgetown, Texas U.S.A.

Petland, Georgetown, Texas Petland Sold Me a Sick Puppy Georgetown Texas

*Consumer Comment: You have a Lawsuit for Assault and Fraud amongst many other possibilities

*Consumer Comment: I have been there

*Consumer Suggestion: You do not need to return to Petland to get your vet bills refunded!

On November 30, 2008 Petland sold me a sick puppy. Her first free pet visit cost me $68! She has intestinal parasites. We had to take her back to the vet yesterday because she has severe yeast infections in both her ears and a "foreign body" growing on her spine -- another $113. We went back to Petland in hopes of speaking to the manager and working something out. When I said the words "sick puppy" in their crowded store, my daughter and I and three grandchildren were immediately surrounded by five store employees, the vet bills were forced from my daughter's hand by a six-foot male employee and we were pushed out of the store while a female employee called my daughter a bitch because she was trying to explain our situation.

The police were called and the male employee who took our vet bills tried to tell the police that my daughter assaulted him! They viewed the store video and of course no assault was seen. The female employee continued to scream at my daughter calling her a bitch and insisting that she be arrested, while my grandchildren witnessed this. They are completely traumatized by the entire thing. My daughter and I had to sign trespass citations promising not to return to Petland under threat of arrest. How sad! SHAME on Petland for this nasty behavior! I am tenacious and intend to pursue this with vigor! Thanks for listening.

Virginia
Cedar Park, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2008 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petland/Georgetown-Texas-78626/Petland-Georgetown-Texas-Petland-Sold-Me-a-Sick-Puppy-Georgetown-Texas-398821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petland

You have a Lawsuit for Assault and Fraud amongst many other possibilities

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

I live in Texas.

I know about the pet store you are talking about.

GET A LAWYER AND SUE THOSE PURVEYORS OF ANIMAL ABUSE!

You need to get a good attorney and tell them what you told me.

make sure that the attorney is a dog lover before you retain him or her.

I wish I had my law degree and I would take the case.

I am surprised that the police didn't arrest that woman when they saw that she had come into physical contact with you and that she had initiated the physical copntact with you. She should have been arrested for assault!

I have been there

AUTHOR: S.b. - (U.S.A.)

To petland in Georgetown I mean. I remember seeing yorkies that were bald. I remember seeing westies that had a horrible coat. I saw their overpriced mutt cats.
They buy animals from puppy mills. All pet stores do, NEVER get anything from them. They sell SICK puppies for 1200. Its funny how everytime a person goes they say "This puppy is on sell for "$1200" On sale? Come on.
Why pay that much for a puppy mill puppy when you can get a healthy quality AKC registered puppy from an ethical breeder for less than that in most cases?

#3 Consumer Suggestion

You do not need to return to Petland to get your vet bills refunded!

AUTHOR: Pardel - (U.S.A.)

Since you have tried to settle the issue with Petland to no avail (though I will say it sounds like there may be more to this story. From reading this post it sounds like there was a good chance there was a scene at the store, which is regardless, Petland still has to honor the puppys health) with Petland barring you from their property. Go to your local courthouse and file a small claims against Petland. Petland knows cannot sell a puppy in questionable health, or with parasites. Sounds like a puppy from a puppy mill.

Remember you can file for just the vet bills or you can file for the cost of the puppy, plus the vet bills. If you file for the cost of the puppy plus the vet bills be willing to part with the puppy as you will have to return it. If you want to keep the puppy file just for the vet bills. You will win and Petland knows it. Good luck!