Complaint Review: Petland

Petland
1610 east Battlefield st. Springfield, Missouri United States of America

Petland in Springfield MO Sold us a sick puppy!!!! Springfield, Missouri

*Consumer Comment: Sorry about your puppy

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM PETLAND IN SPRINGFIELD MO!!!

Please do not put yourself through the heartache me and my husband just went through!! We purchased a Cockapoo there last nite and he was sick. I had ask repeated questions about this puppy and his behaviour and was assured time and time again he was just fine, he was "just tired" from a long day. After a sleepless nite with a baby that would not eat, drink, move, sleep, or go to the bathroom we contacted them and was treated like WE were crazy or lying.. we took the dog all the way back to Springfield to be treated even worse in person by a very rude and unsympathetic manager who could not get the dog to do any of the above either, but tried to act like we were horrible people. We have a daughter that is our number one priority and we could not have her getting attached to a sick animal. Instead of helping us they threatened us with lawsuits and police. In an agonizing decision we left the poor dog there and left with more threats of prosecution.
I have cried since 10:30 this morning and am heartsick, we returned home where I started my research and I am apalled and sickened about the things I have found out about PL!! I then called Missouri cockapoo breeders and was told non of the actions of the puppy were "normal" of that breed or of a healthy puppy!!! I was told the puppy was sick and we did the right thing. I'm not sure any of that will help when we are "prosecuted" by PL, but in my heart I know we did what
we had to do!!

Please do not help these horrible people continue to hurt other families and I hope God has no mercy on them for the horrible and cruel treatment of his innocent creatures!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2010 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petland/Springfield-Missouri-65804/Petland-in-Springfield-MO-Sold-us-a-sick-puppy-Springfield-Missouri-610944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petland

Sorry about your puppy

AUTHOR: MsTracy - (United States of America)

I'm sorry about your puppy.  Unfortunately, Petland was the subject of an "Animal Planet" investigation about their buyers purchasing from puppy mills.  I've heard that Missouri has the most puppy mills in the country.  They need to be held accountable for their actions.