Complaint Review: Petland

• Reported By: Animal Rights — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Petland

Petland The Dogs are from Puppy Mills. BEWARE! Internet, Internet

*Author of original report: Disregard

*Author of original report: Apologize for my grammer...LOL

Let me just start off with a fact. The Humane Society of the United Stars filed a federal lawsuit alledging that Petland the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) after two seperate investigations into Petland stores in 2008 & 2009 that demonstrated a direct link between multiple Petland stores and unscrupulous puppy mills.

Petland characterizes its "Approved Suppliers" as "USDA Approved" or as a USDA "licensed breeder", but this fires not alter the fact that these breeders are indeed puppy mills. Moreover, a large number of Petland puppy mill suppliers are not even USDA licensed breeders!

How do I know this? After only 11 days of purchasing a supposed "AKC Certified English Bulldog, who was bred by USDA Certified Breeders", my puppy has become severely ill, and requires expensive surgery. But not only that, but the dog, come to find out, has multiple health problems. [continued below]....
..... I was very confused, for this, to me, sounded like I recieved a puppy mill dog..So I started to do extensive research on Petland to find the truth. I am sick to my stomach and my heart is filled with pain and grief. But, more then anything, I am ANGRY at these people who lie to customers every single day about where these dog truly come from!

Oh, and each dog comes with 90-day insurance, which made me believe even more that my puppy was guaranteed healthy, but of course, the moment they find out my puppy needed surgery due to health issues, they refuse to return my calls.

I already have a lawyer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2012 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petland/internet/Petland-The-Dogs-are-from-Puppy-Mills-BEWARE-Internet-Internet-886440. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petland

Disregard

AUTHOR: Pet Lover - (United States of America)

I am astonished to say...AKC papers came in today. Our puppy is a Purebred AKC Certified English Bulldog, who actually DID come from a breeder, not a puppy mill...One question, after reading and doing so much research, I thought breeders DIDN'T just give their puppies away to pet stores to be sold? I am relieved as wrll as flabbergasted, and I am sure what I have experienced is true luck. So very confused, but feel so blessed at the same time.

Apologize for my grammer...LOL

AUTHOR: Pet Lover - (United States of America)

My apologies, I wrote this report on my phone, which tends to have a mind of its own and likes to replace my words I text.