Complaint Review: Petro Services

• Submitted: Sat, January 14, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, January 14, 2006

• Reported By:Rochester Hills Michigan
Petro Services
3010 S. Rochester Road Rochester, Michigan U.S.A.

Petro Services Ripoff Did not change my oil, only added a oil filter, Didn't top off fluids Rochester Michigan

I've been a backyard mechanic for over 30 years. I've always changed my own oil and have done multiple other mechanical repairs, many very extensive.

Now that I'm in an apartment, I have no garage and no place to do my own mechanical repairs.

I needed an oil change very badly for my 2002 Blazer, so I went to a new place for me that was local. (I'm new to this area)

It was all done very quickly and when they showed me the dip stick with the level of oil on it, I thought at first they were showing me the level of transmission fluid as others have done trying to sell me a trans fluid change.

I did notice it being very off color, very brown, so I was thinking that this trans fluid looks pretty bad since it's suppose to be red in color.

They replaced the dip stick quickly (which was my OIL dip stick) and said " so, as I was saying, that will be $25 for today".

By this time I started thinking, as they wisked me out the door, why didn't they top off my coolant level because I knew that was a lil low and I didn't have any at home.

So I pulled off to a close parking lot and deceided to check the oil level for myself. By this time I'm getting kind of pissed and I knew if I returned, it would only be a big arguement.

I avoided this because I hate confrontations of this nature where I have to come up to someone toe to toe and call them a liar. Also because I had just been to the doctor the week before and found out that my blood pressure is very high under stress.

I am currently going to stop at another oil change place to explain the situation to them to confirm my hunches.

In this day and time, in todays stressful life, it's difficult to endure these types of mal practices.

Jay
Rochester Hills, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2006 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petro-Services/Rochester-Michigan-48307/Petro-Services-Ripoff-Did-not-change-my-oil-only-added-a-oil-filter-Didnt-top-off-fluid-171751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petro Services