Complaint Review: Petro

• Submitted: Wed, April 23, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, April 23, 2008

• Reported By:Franklinville New Jersey
Petro
1701 Sherman Avenue Pennsauken, New Jersey U.S.A.

Petro Told me I was using my superman attitude Pennsauken New Jersey, New York

We were using Petro only 2 seasons. We wanted to just get deliveries when we needed we were told they dont do that. So they started coming all the time leaving bills for over $250 each time. At the time of delivery we were barely down a 1/4 tank from being full. I wanted to find a new company before the next season but of course life takes over and before you know it winter is here and Petro is delivering again.

Again I try to only get deliveries when needed they refuse. At the end of the 2nd season we have a high bill of just about $1,000.00 and ended things with Petro . In the mean time continue to make payments then they send to collections. We continue to make payments.

When our account was sent to collections at the (Collection Bureau of Hudson Valley Inc.) we had a balance of $527.08. We continued to make payments. The collector by the name of Wendy M. would call my house and tell me that she spoke to my husband about payments when she did not. Then change her mind when I would correct her and say oh here it is I spoke to the wife. She would yell at me to just pay my bills which I was doing or I would still have a bill. She would tell me that she was going to send payments back to me that I have mailed in because they were not full amounts. She would accuse me of being so rude to her but she would lie every time she called. I asked to speak to a supervisior about her she told me she was the supervisior and there is no one higher then her. Everyone has someone higher.

The notice before last she sent me was in Feburary said my balance was $109.00. I divided in to 2 payments because I am out on maternity leave and still paying for oil for this season with a new company. Between oil to heat my house and gas to get to work there is only so much money to go around. Wendy called telling me that she was going to send it back. I told her she will cash it.

She couldnt even keep my balance straight telling my I owed less then I did then when my balance was $63.00 with my calculations and what my balance was with Petro. Wendy's balance was $54.00.

Then she sent me a bill for $163.00. When I called her to discuss this error she told me that balance is what Petro said I owed and that because of the way I talked to her that she didnt have to discuss anything further with me. This balance was now going to be sent to the collection agency and I would have to pay it.

She said since you had you superman attitude last time we spoke Petro said I dont have to talk to you. She says all conversations are recorded I hope they are because someone should listen to her calls. For being responsible for accounts she isnt the best for this job. There should really be a disposition on the way collection people are allowed to speak to consumers it seems they can say what ever they want to you and you have no defense, they can charge you what ever they want with no action taken.

So I called Petro they said they had no conversations with Wendy M. They told me what my balance was. So now no one can tell me why they are trying to collect $100.00 more then was due. Petro said once they hand this over to collections they have no more dealings with it.

So I now have letters going to Petro, Wendy, and management of both with the beginning balance and all of my cashed checks from the collections payments.

I really hope other people didnt give in and pay them what is not due. Please beware of your balances and your payments. I think sometimes we take the word of others a little to easy.

Amanda F
Franklinville, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2008 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petro/Pennsauken-New-Jersey-08110/Petro-Told-me-I-was-using-my-superman-attitude-Pennsauken-New-Jersey-New-York-328275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petro