Complaint Review: Petro:Lube

• Reported By: rw — Burkburnett Texas United States of America
Petro:Lube
22526 Highway 216 McCalla, Alabama United States of America

Petro:Lube Didn't stand by Warranty Work McCalla, Alabama

*UPDATE Employee: Apologies and making it right!

I sent a truck into Petro:Lube in McCalla, Al. to have the alternator replaced on 8/05/09. On 1/22/10 alternator went out again in Oklahoma. I called Petro and spoke with service manager Nicole Ogden she said if you'll send the alternator back we will re-imburse for the alternator, but we can't do anything about the labor. I said I understood about the labor but at least the refund on the part will help. I sent back and paid frt. to return. I called Nicole about 2 months later and she said yes she got the alternator and sent in for refund, but she couldn't send check untill she was refunded. I said I wish she would have told me that from the beginning. I called back about 3 months later and she said the alternator tested good and I said no it was bad therefore it was replaced. She said it was out of her hands. She said I told you if it checked out good they wouldn't do anything about it. I said no you didn't you said send back for refund. Nicole at this point the same as told me I was a liar. I told her Petro needed to stand behind their work. She said the matter was closed. I said no if the alternator is good I want it back, that I have several trucks it will fit. Nicole said "YOU WANT IT BACK?" I said yes at least we can use it on another truck and at least re-coup a little money. She said send me the paperwork and I will send you a check. I said if she would have done that to begin with, we wouldn't be having this conversation. She said if you say another word I won't send you a check. She was very mad and very rude. She certainly did not act like that when we pulled truck in. I am still waiting as of 9/13/10.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2010 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PetroLube/McCalla-Alabama-35111/PetroLube-Didnt-stand-by-Warranty-Work-McCalla-Alabama-640139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petro:Lube

Apologies and making it right!

AUTHOR: TA/Petro Representative - (United States of America)

As soon as this story came across my desk at Petro Stopping Centers HQ, we jumped into action to get to the bottom of it. Our apologies about the confusion on this alternator warranty. We really try to deliver the best customer experience and work towards constant improvement.

Our McCalla manager refunded the customer's credit card today and the issue has been resolved. Thank you!   -Petro Stopping Centers