Complaint Review: PetsMart Corp

• Submitted: Sat, April 12, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 21, 2008

• Reported By:Springfield Pennsylvania
PetsMart Corp
641 Baltimore Pike Springfield, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

PetsMart Corp Retaliation an Harrassment Springfield Pennsylvania

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Me too

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I got terminated from 1804 too!

*UPDATE Employee: As far as your breaks go...

I was demoted from a Management position in The Pets Hotel. I reported that the store manager was taking money from my checks and other employees, for breaks that we never recieved. And also there were times we never got breaks at all. I complained, and now I get written up every time I go to work for things that never happened. Management wont even speak to me.

I called the Care Line to report all of this and now because of that I think they are going to terminate me. I am saddened by this because I took the job because of my Love for animals. Also the way they run the Pets Hotel is not what they claim. They promise services to Pet Parents charge them for it and that is not what is done. Its just like a boarding kennel.

I am looking at working with an Attorney to protect myself and others. There is so much more to this story but I couldnt possibley write it in the space provided.

Dudley
Springfield, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2008 05:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PetsMart-Corp/Springfield-Pennsylvania-19064/PetsMart-Corp-Retaliation-an-Harrassment-Springfield-Pennsylvania-325508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PetsMart Corp

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Me too

AUTHOR: Betsy - (U.S.A.)

I was treated awfully with this company. Read my report from Maryland, if you ever need to contact me Please do so. My number is (((ROR REDACTED)))

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I got terminated from 1804 too!

AUTHOR: Kevinh88 - (U.S.A.)

I was a night pet care associate and was terminated for leaving the PetsHotel to go to the break room.
But was never told I wasn't allowed to leave the PetsHotel facility.

As far as your breaks go...

AUTHOR: Satellitebluenb - (U.S.A.)

Dudley, by LAW, you are REQUIRED to take a 30 minute lunch break if you work over 5 hours during a shift. That even means if you work 5 hours and 1 minute, you must take a 30 minute break. Almost all companies will automatically take out a 30 minute break, whether you took it or not, because it is required of them to do so.
I don't see any reason why you weren't taking 30 minute lunches when you worked in the Pets Hotel. Not all that much goes on in there that you can't take a break. You also only punch out for the 30 minute lunch, not the two 15 minute breaks you also receive for working an 8 hour shift. You, being in a previous management position, should be well aware of all of these rules. Since you were breaking the rules, they probably demoted you because you were not setting a good example for the other employees.

Masters