Complaint Review: Petsmart - American Rescue Pets

• Submitted: Tue, December 23, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 23, 2008

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Petsmart - American Rescue Pets
Lake Mead/Rainbow Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Petsmart - American Rescue Pets And they think they are helping animals...? Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: If you think the Rescue Group was Bad take a look at youtube petsmart philly

In a recent Sunday evening trip to PetSmart, my husband and I were excited to see that it was pet adoption day and an organization by the name of ARP (American Rescue Pets) was trying to find homes for some 60 dogs and puppies. It was 40 degrees outside and raining. These dogs were in cages without food and water and it didn't appear as though anyone was taking them out to use the restroom.

We fell in love with a dog and decided we wanted to beging the adoption process. Not only were we ignored for an hour after we started filling out paper work, but the entire staff was extremely rude. If they talk to humans the way they did, I can only imagine how the animals are treated. The head woman in charge of paperwork referred to some people intrested in adopting as "white trash". She didn't look like Miss America herself.

After waiting for two hours and proceeding to watch these animals in cages get rained on and shiver from the cold, I snapped and told these people off. I am very passionate to animal rescue programs as all five of my pets are adopted through various organizations. In all my previous adoption quests, I have never been treated so badly nor have I seen the animals treated so badly.

The SPCA rolls out the red carpet, ecstatic that someone wants to take a pet home. Not this place. What really tipped me off was when I noticed that they were charging $400 and up for puppy adoptions! What a ripoff. Listen, from experience, anyone looking to adopt a puppy need not look further than the SPCA or Humane Society. They charge between $55 and $100.

What's really unfortunate about this is that the only thing that suffers are the poor animals in their care. Please join me in filing complaints with local animal care officials if you encounter the poor treatment of pets by any adoption agency. Shame on Petsmart for allowing this organization to conduct business out of their stores.

Hopa
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2008 01:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petsmart-American-Rescue-Pets/Las-Vegas-Nevada/Petsmart-American-Rescue-Pets-And-they-think-they-are-helping-animals-Las-Vegas-Neva-404220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petsmart - American Rescue Pets

#1 Consumer Suggestion

If you think the Rescue Group was Bad take a look at youtube petsmart philly

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

I know as a person who feels that they are doing an animal rescue a favor for adopting would get very aggrovated by having to wait in these conditions of weather etc. But watch youtube video of undercover peta investigator. You waited for hours to leave the place some animals never make it out of the parking lot.