Complaint Review: Petsmart (Banfield) Vet Hospital

• Updated: Mon, October 22, 2012

• Reported By: Lynette — Roseville California United States of America
Petsmart (Banfield) Vet Hospital
318 N. Sunrise Internet United States of America

Petsmart ,Banfield, Vet Hospital Took advantage of mourning disabled person , Internet

My 16 year old Lab died from cancer and 2 months later my 20 year old Chihuahua died from seizures. One day after the chihuahua died my cat got a severe UTI infection and was bleeding. I took her to Banfield and the first thing I said was I am poor and only have a couple hundred dollars left on my credit card due to the dogs euthanasia. I just needed the urine checked to see what infection she had and what antibiotic and to make sure there were no crystals.  Next thing I know is they take the cat in the back where I cannot see her or them. When they return to the exam room the vet says to me O.K. Here are your options. She states that they did a thyroid test and she had thyroid disease. They said they did all these tests on her to make sure she didnt have other things going on. Meanwhile I didnt give permission for all these tests. She then says it will be $696.00 for the visit. I almost died, I am mourning over the loss of my dogs and about to lose my cat and now I am told I owe almost $700.00. Then she said but your in luck we have a Wellness Program and you will only have to pay $40.00 dollars today and $40.00 a month until it is paid off usually a year or so. I said I didnt understand what was going on but I knew I was backed in a corner because APPARENTLY they had already done the tests. So I signed because I could not do anything else!!!

The next day I looked at the breakdown of the bill and it said they charged 48.95 for an exam and 45.00 for comprehensive exam. My normal vet said a regular exam covers whatever their comprehensive does. They said they gave fluids under skin but there was no sign of this as I am familiar with what it looks like. I asked if they checked her ears and the vet said we will do that on another visit but they charged me $50.53 for ear check! I called the next day to cancel the contract and she said in order for me to cancel I would have to pay the $700.00 or it will go to collections. How is this going on in the world in 2012? I'm screwed for trying to save my cats life!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2012 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petsmart-Banfield-Vet-Hospital/internet/Petsmart-Banfield-Vet-Hospital-Took-advantage-of-mourning-disabled-person-Internet-958439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petsmart (Banfield) Vet Hospital