I wanted to share Preston's story with you all. Below is a letter/email I
began mailing and posting to alert the public of the harm ProMeris
caused to my beloved feline companion of 4 years. The emotional distress
his sudden and preventable passing has caused to me - heartrending. As
I am left with nothing, but a costly veterinary bill.
> WARNING dated 6/2/2010: In Memory Of My Precious Preston.
> I wish I would have goggled and read through the numerous post,
emails, blogs, and websites that warned about the danger to using
ProMeris before applying it to my sweet boy. Not to mention, the recent
EPA reports I've since read, and the recent conversation I had with
NPIC. I can assure you that this is not an urban legend - as I have
lived through it.
> I applied ProMeris to my four year old domestic black and white male
cat Preston on Friday, May 29, 2010. [continued below]....
..... On June 1, 2010 I had to put him to
sleep due to kidney failure. Although, his vet couldn't say for that it
was the ProMeris. She did say that some poison/toxin caused the failure.
Preston was a healthy and happy cat until I applied this product. Now
after a four day stay in the hospital he is no longer with me. His vet's
attempts to flush his system with fluid therapy and antibiotics in hopes
of restoring normal kidney functioning couldn't undo the damage. Why is
this product still on the market! This product is extremely dangerous
and should be removed until its safety can be guaranteed.
> I have called and sent several letters to the Fort Dodge (Wyeth) -
Pfizer and was told that Dr. Beres was assigned to look into the matter.
I spoke with Dr. Laura Beres on June 15, 2010. Case number: 2010 - US -
20833, and was thanked for bringing the matter to their attention. No
apology was given and a flat out refusal, to at the very least,
reimburse me for the vet bill.
> Thank you for taking the time to read this,
> Heartbroken in Florida