Complaint Review: Pflugerville Wellness Center

Pflugerville Wellness Center
2415 Pecan St. Pflugerville, Texas United States of America

Pflugerville Wellness Center Chiropractor Pflugerville, Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Update

I went to the Pflugerville Wellness Center because they are open on Saturdays.  I filled out the required qustionaire and saw the Chiropractor for my adjustment.  I received a bill for $95.00 for being a new patient.  I was not told of these charges before I filled out my questionaire.  I have never been charged for filling out forms at any doctor's or chiropractors office.  Totally uncalled for.

My went the following Monday and I suspect her bill will be the same as mine.  I nor my wife will be going back to these ripoff artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2012 05:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pflugerville-Wellness-Center/Pflugerville-Texas-78660/Pflugerville-Wellness-Center-Chiropractor-Pflugerville-Texas-937864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pflugerville Wellness Center

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Update

AUTHOR: Trent - ()

This incident occurred in September 2012, under previous ownership.  Ownership has changed since then (November 2012), so the report is not associated with the practices of Pflugerville Wellness Center now.  However, since the name of the clinic remains the same, I feel like we should address the issue.

The original report was not being specific enough, mainly:

1) Does this individual use insurance?  Sometimes patient shows up with an insurance card thinking all they're responsible for is co-pay, when in fact they have an out-of-pocket deductible to meet before insurance kicks in, and the bill sent might rerepsent the amount of the deductible insurance is not responsible for, then it becomes patient responsibility.

2) If patient does not have insurance, we charage a flat fee at the time of service, and we do not bill patient afterwards.  Plus, $95 is not an usual amount charged.

3) We don't charge patients for filling out questionnaires.  Questionnaires are an essential part of clinical documentation but is not something to be billed.  I doubt on the bill to this patient it states "questionnaire fee".  Probably an exam, but nothing is sure until we see the actual bill.

Like mentioned above, we can guess all we want, but that happened before the current ownership takes over, and the current ownership has no knowledge of this incident until now.  It is truly unfortunate a misunderstanding or miscommunication like this happened; we hold customer satisfaction as top priority, and the current ownership will be glad to work with this person to get more information about this incident and resolve the issue.

lucky