Complaint Review: Phil Shapiro, webcountry.net, one dollar hosting

• Submitted: Wed, January 05, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, January 05, 2011

• Reported By: uggghhh — Hollywood California United States of America
Phil Shapiro, webcountry.net, one dollar hosting
tarzana, California United States of America

Phil Shapiro, webcountry.net, one dollar hosting webcountry.net one dollar hosting Will not allow me to have access to my nameservers. tarzana, California

Okay I purchased a domain about 8 years ago from a company called webcountry.net who also owns a small hosting company called One Dollar Hosting. 8 years ago there prices were great and they were doing really well. I purchased a .ro extension which according to them is a one time purchase. After I paid for it once I own it for the rest of my life. Then I got my hosting through them as well.

Turns out when I purchased my domain it was placed under Phil's name leaving me no access to the domain at all. He did not place it under my name even though it was my purchase. I recently switched my hosting to godaddy. I spoke to Web Country and they swear up and down that they are not able to transfer the name servers because I purchased the domain from Romania and they didn't have anything to do with the company that I purchased it from. When clearly my receipt states I purchased it from Web Country.

So I contacted ROTLD.ro the Romanian domain company and they specifically show phil@webcountry.net as the sole contact and owner of my domain.

So long story short he lied to me about my domain purchase 8 years ago and is keeping it and not allowing me to change my nameservers so that I have to keep paying for his now overpriced and really bad hosting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2011 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phil-Shapiro-webcountrynet-one-dollar-hosting/tarzana-California-/Phil-Shapiro-webcountrynet-one-dollar-hosting-webcountrynet-one-dollar-hosting-Will-n-678915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phil Shapiro, webcountry.net, one dollar hosting