Complaint Review: Philam Transport

• Reported By: Justin — Phoenix Arizona
Philam Transport
Studio City, California USA

Philam Transport - Gilbert SCUMBAG Studio City California

*Author of original report: You just admitted that you ripped me off

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Gilbert of Philam ( Owner )

I spoke with Gilbert at Philam Transport and had him make arrangements to ship my truck from MI to AZ.  He explained how the business works and told me that we need to price it correctly so it will move.  We set the price at $1500 Icluding the $200 broker fee.  He got a response after about a week for slightly more that what we had agreed on.  I took the deal and scheduled the pick up.  On the day the truck was supposed to be picked up it was a no call no show by the trucker.  Gilbert called me with another offer at $1800 plus his $200 broker fee for a total of $2,000.  I declined because I felt that I could get a better offer.  Gilbert proceeded to call my friend (the pick up end contact) and try to get him to agree to have the truck picked up.  I am assuming so he could collect his broker fee and I would have to pay the trucker the remaining $1800 that I had not agreed to or he wouldn't unload my truck. Fortunately that didn't happen.  Long story short, I looked at my credit card statement a week later only to find that Gilbert had billed my card for his broker fee even though the truck still hasn't been picked up.  I called countless times and sent a series of emails but he is too spineless to answer the phone like a man and answer me as to why he billed me for $200 with no services rendered.  Now I have to mail a dispute letter to my credit card to get the $200 charge reversed.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!  STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2014 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Philam-Transport/Studio-City-California/Philam-Transport-Gilbert-SCUMBAG-Studio-City-California-1159126. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Philam Transport

You just admitted that you ripped me off

AUTHOR: Justin - ()

So long story short...You DID NOT get my truck moved AND you proceeded to bill me $200.  You told me that you did't charge the fee until the credit card until my vehicle was on the transportation truck.  You lied.

Nice work bud.  You just admitted that you ripped me off while you were responding to my complaint on RIPOFF REPORT.  Absolute genious!!!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Gilbert of Philam ( Owner )

AUTHOR: philam - ()

first and foremost..I really feel bad that you feel that way..but please the next time when your writing a review be honest with consumers and don't lie. you called me to set up your transport and you have neen burned by 3 brokers that cannot move your vehicle for almost a month and here I am assisting you and found a driver in less than 5 days.The amount to the driver is $1400.00 and not $2,000 and also you never mentioned the reason why it is so high cause the location for your pickup is out of nowhere in MI nad you have a Suburban and you wanted to put 400 pds too.The driver agreed even for that amount but you said you will call me that day to let me know but you never did.You called me PST almost 5pm and you said let's do it and of course the driver already filled up his truck and not to mentioned that you even talked to the driver and you didnt call him either.Last we started working again and found yoa a carrier but you only answer your phone when you feel like it.I called you and emailed everyday but no response.We charge the $199.00 cause that is our fee and i told you that for the start...up to now the broker is still looking for a trucker for you that you placed an order with..I wish you the best!!