Complaint Review: Philip Carlson/ Kiddos Learning Centers

• Updated: Fri, May 25, 2012

• Reported By: Madison_Mom — Wisconsin United States of America
Philip Carlson/ Kiddos Learning Centers
8133 Mansion Hill Ave Maple Bluff, Wisconsin United States of America

Philip Carlson/ Kiddos Learning Centers Kiddos Educare Invoice Fabrication Maple Bluff, Wisconsin

My children attended Kiddos Midtown Center a few days a week after school for a few hours.
Because there wasn't an official "After School" program offered, the Director had given us an individualized tuition rate, based on attendance. An ACH authorization for automatic withdrawal of weekly tuition was signed and payments were deducted from my account on a regular basis.

On April 26th 2012, I was handed a letter from the owner of the center, Philip Carlson, indicating that there had been some misunderstandings with the "investor" and that the building was going into foreclosure. As a result, the last day of operations was going to be 5/18/12.
Twice in between, I was told that there wasn't sufficient staff to care for my children and that I had to find alternative arrangements.

On 5/21/21, after the center had closed, my checking account was debited for another week of tuition. Upon contacting Philip Carlson, I was provided an invoice, which was different than what I had been previously provided by teh director of the center.

After I showed the bill I was given and was being charged for, Philip invalidated it.
He insisted that I pay the balance owed in less than a week, or else he threatened with collection.

I firmly believe the bill was fabricated.

Today, I did extensive research.  I found out that similar scenario had just recently happened to 2 other centers in close-by towns. According to the WI Cuircuit Court Records web site, Philip is being sued by several parents and staff members.  I reached out to another parent who had filed claim against him because of an "invoice fabrication".

The saddest part of all is that he is opening centers in other cities and states.
It has become apparent, that he is a dishonest person.

Please, if you are reading this, do a research yourself and spread the word - Philip Carlson and his centers - Kiddos USA (and the new ones - Kiddos Educare) are not reliable and are horribly managed!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2012 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Philip-Carlson-Kiddos-Learning-Centers/Maple-Bluff-Wisconsin-53719/Philip-Carlson-Kiddos-Learning-Centers-Kiddos-Educare-Invoice-Fabrication-Maple-Bluff-Wi-888136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Philip Carlson/ Kiddos Learning Centers