• Report: #193355

• Submitted: Thu, May 25, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, May 27, 2006

• Reported By:Crescent City California
Phillip Morris Usa - Marlboro
pmusa.com Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

Phillip Morris Usa, Marlboro Mile scam! cannot redeem marlboro miles for promised products ripoff Richmond Virginia

*Consumer Comment: I have a serious question about these "miles"

I have been a loyal marlboro smoker for years. I have collected hundreds of marlboro miles over the years, and now when I try to get them redeemed marlboro will not be loyal to me.

I am extremely dissapointed in this because now I have hundreds of marlboro miles that are worth nothing. And it also looks like they started not putting miles on the packs at all anymore. This is not fair to so many customers that have been so loyal. I would like to received what was promised for collecting my marlboro miles and what i deserve.

If anyone knows of anything that can be done please help.

Doris
Crescent City, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2006 10:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phillip-Morris-Usa-Marlboro/Richmond-Virginia-23261/Phillip-Morris-Usa-Marlboro-Mile-scam-cannot-redeem-marlboro-miles-for-promised-products-193355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phillip Morris Usa - Marlboro

I have a serious question about these "miles"

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Among all the assorted trinkets and baubles in the "miles" catalog, are caskets and headstones included?

Considering there is not one person on this planet that does not know what smoking WILL do to you, why exactly do you still smoke? It has been documented on every pack since 1965. King James of England banned smoking in his castle because of the issues. That was 400 years ago. The Germans proved the link between smoking and cancer in the 1930's.

It doesn't make you "look cool", it stinks, and causes dozens of health problems. Why exactly do you smoke?

With city after city, banning smoking in public places(including restaurants), and smokers becoming social pariahs, why exactly do you still smoke?

With businesses firing smokers, and health insurance companies dropping coverage for smokers, why exactly do you still smoke?

With evidence that every cigarette you inhale takes 7 minutes off your life, why exactly do you still smoke.

It's a very simple question, really. If you want to die at least 10 years early, go for it. At least it's becoming more difficult for you to make my clothes smell like an ashtray.

My best friend down here in Fl was smoking when I met him. He told me he had tried to quit but couldn't. He hasn't had a coffin nail since 6 weeks after I met him, and that was almost 3 years ago. No, I did not brow beat him into quitting. In fact, I took up smoking cigars just to aggrivate him. He threw his cigs away and quit cold turkey. Went through lots of gum. He discovered what food really tasted like, and liked it. Found he could breathe easier. Discovered all of his clothes stunk. He can't stand the stench of smoking now. Good man.

He also found out he can work-out longer and harder with his clear lungs. He's healthier now, than he ever was, and his family appreciates that.

And you people think I am a horrible individual.