Complaint Review: Phillips Carlyle International (PCI) now known as Carlyle & Associates

• Submitted: Mon, August 26, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, May 10, 2003

• Reported By:Omaha NE
Phillips Carlyle International (PCI) now known as Carlyle & Associates
11516 Nicholas St. Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

Phillips Carlyle International (PCI) AKA Carlyle & Associates Employment service is a ripoff. Omaha, Nebraska *UPDATE ..satisfactory resolution

*Consumer Comment: WHAT WERE CONDITIONS OF 'SATISFACTORY RESOLUTION?'

*0: Satisfactory Resolution

failure to deliver contracted services, false promises ...............

August 2001, Phillips Carlyle International (PCI), now known as Carlyle & Associates contacted me after they received my resume for a job posting in the Omaha World Herald Newspaper. I met with a career consultant who provided a hard sell and insisted that a position within my desired field could be obtained within 90 days. He sold my wife and I on the claim that their services could get me in front of the decision makers within the industry leading companies. The fee determined for their services totaled $3945.00 (Looking back, I question how they justify this astronomical fee).

One of the companies claims is that they have access to state-of-the-art resources that uncovers leads, contacts, and openings that saves weeks and months of energy, time, money and frustration. In the one year since making the commitment with PCI, I've received little but frustrations and debt. Of the services they claim to provide: a day seminar where I obtained no new or valuable information, video interviews where I again, learned no new ways to improve my interview skills, and their so called electronic database which turned up nothing. In addition, I was also provided with a list of contacts of which none could be reached, even after my numerous attempts.

After becoming frustrated from the lack of service and false promises, I confronted my career advisor with my concerns whom ultimately provided me with more false hope and more false leads. When confronted with my concerns, the career counselor could not understand my frustrations. I am enthralled by the fact that PCI really does not think they are doing anything wrong, even when it is obvious that the contract is not being followed to the customer's satisfaction.

It has been 12 months with no results. I have written several requests to PCI for a full refund due to their lack of service. I have met with and written a letter to my career advisor, written letters to the Vice President of the company, and I am now taking further steps to post complaints via the Internet. I have received little if any response from PCI regarding my request for a full refund, intensifying my frustrations.

The company recently changed its name to Carlyle and Associates. Changing the name does not change the lack of service provided or the number of complaints already posted online from other customers. I hope other career seekers will not be cheated by PCI's (Carlyle and Associates) false promises. It is difficult enough for people to obtain careers without a company like PCI to prey on individuals when they are most vulnerable in their job search. PCI's motto, We care for our clients' careers as if they were our own, now if that were true, would I be writing this complaint?

Omaha, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2002 06:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phillips-Carlyle-International-PCI-now-known-as-Carlyle-Associates/Omaha-Nebraska-68154/Phillips-Carlyle-International-PCI-AKA-Carlyle-Associates-Employment-service-is-a-ripo-28073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phillips Carlyle International (PCI) now known as Carlyle & Associates

WHAT WERE CONDITIONS OF 'SATISFACTORY RESOLUTION?'

AUTHOR: Theresa - (U.S.A.)

I am following many career development companies and am curious what brought your situation to a 'satisfactory resolution."

Did you get your money back on the condition that you update your report to "satisfactory resolution?" I ask because the words used are nearly identical when the many questionable career development companies out there achieve "satisfactory resolutions."

Just wondering...

#2 0

October 2002

After working closely with Phillips Carlyle International(PCI) AKA Carlyle & Associates, we have come to a satisfactory resolution that meets our expectations.

#3 0