Complaint Review: Phillips Carlyle International or Career Marketing Specialists, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, January 21, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, February 22, 2004

• Reported By:Frisco Texas
Phillips Carlyle International or Career Marketing Specialists, Inc.
12770 Coit Road, Suite 1216 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Phillips Carlyle International PCI AKA Career Marketing Specialists, Inc. Phillips Carlyle Career Marketing Services Promises "Unpublished Leads" and Delivers Monster.com ripoff Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: PCI Preys On The Unsuspecting Job Seeker

*Consumer Comment: Need an answer...Anyone can answer this if you have dealt with Phillips Carlyle International?

I responded to a posting on Careerbuilder.com which ended up being Phillips Carlyle International. I met with the President who provided a nice sales pitch claiming they had access to resources which includes "unpublished job openings" and can hone your career search. As a part of the "training" they take you through resume revisions, interview techniques which you can learn from most any job search book before you get the "unpublished" openings. I did my part of the program as diligently as I could because all I really wanted was access to this databank of unpublished openings.

What a surprise it was to be given a listing of these unpublished openings only to immediately recognize I had seen them on job boards all over the internet--many of them posted several days before their source's leads. What a frustration to find that you have wasted valuable time and money--it is a definite case of gross misrepresentation.

I hope other career seekers will not be suckered into Phillips Carlyle (PCI) false promises. It is hard enough for many out there who are unemployed or seeking to find careers without a company like PCI hitting you when you are the most vulnerable in your job search. My advice, keep your money, get some good books from the library and hit your contacts running. Phillips Carlyle will only waste your valuable time and money and fill you with false hope and promises!

D.
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2003 10:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phillips-Carlyle-International-or-Career-Marketing-Specialists-Inc/Dallas-Texas-75251/Phillips-Carlyle-International-PCI-AKA-Career-Marketing-Specialists-Inc-Phillips-Carlyle-42369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phillips Carlyle International or Career Marketing Specialists, Inc.

PCI Preys On The Unsuspecting Job Seeker

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I posted my PCI experiences on the Rip-Off Report in 2002.

Like you, I made a decision to use PCI as a primary resource for a new career search. They never delivered on their promises, and in fact, shuttered their PCI office in Orange County, CA.

Dealing with the Dallas office to obtain corrective action (refund) was an exercise in futility. Since they already had my money they held the upper-hand.

Though my involvement with this organization was over four years ago, I have kept all related documents. I can assure you, my experiences with PCI were just as negative as the many other Rip-Off Report testimonials.

If there is a need for testimony against PCI, with the media or a court of law, please consider me a willing volunteer. I do not want my experiences with this company to be inflicted on another consumer.

AUTHOR: Kim - (Canada)

I have written a ripp-off report about this company...Now the preisdent insits and sticks up for his company that he has satisfied customers.

I do not trust or believe his words since reading these complaints about this company. Mark Brown has given the same spiel I have read from these complaints and the same promises. Mark Brown has given me a list of satisfied customers...I suspect these guys are either employees or his friends.

Can anyone tell me if they reconize these names to confirm my suspisions?

Allen David
John Swanson
Debirah Kuhn
Allen Nixion

Area codes and numbers are 281, 469, 214...I am assuming these numbers are from Dallas. So please anyone reply if they know..So I can prepare to take action against this company to get my money back. I will not let this con-company rip me off!

AUTHOR: Kim - (Canada)

Can anyone tell me if they reconize these names to confirm my suspisions?

Allen David