Complaint Review: Phoenix Afterglow

• Updated: Thu, December 05, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Los Angeles area California
Phoenix Afterglow
, California USA

Phoenix Afterglow Johnny Maravelis Never paid for contracted work Los Angeles area California

I was fresh out of school, and when I was offered contract-to-full time work, I jumped at the opportunity.

Of course, since I was too quick to jump at the opportunity, I never signed any actual contracts, so it is partially my own fault. After completing one project for Phoenix Afterglow, Johnny kept delaying payment and actually managed to rope me into completing another project. When I finally started asking when the checks would arrive after turning in the second project, he'd taken to avoiding my calls.

Needless to say, I was never paid for nearly 20 hours of work.

It wasn't a huge amount of money, but the fact that this business takes advantage of naive young talent is unacceptable. Clients should know that their web and graphic design or copy and content may be done by unpaid "freelancers" tricked into thinking they would be compensated for their work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2013 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phoenix-Afterglow/California/Phoenix-Afterglow-Johnny-Maravelis-Never-paid-for-contracted-work-Los-Angeles-area-Califo-1104690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phoenix Afterglow