Complaint Review: Phoenix Area Skydiving

• Updated: Fri, September 06, 2013

• Reported By: meesh12 — Flagstaff Arizona
Phoenix Area Skydiving
3225 N Lear Ave. Casa Grande, Arizona USA

Phoenix Area Skydiving Don't try using a Groupon with them - you will get no where Casa Grande Arizona

I called Phoenix Area Skydiving multiple times in order to even begin the reservation process.  It makes it harder when you don't live in Phoenix - we live in Flagstaff which is about 2.5 hours away so we have to know in advance when we can go.  I called multiple times and left multiple messages to their scheduling department and did not receive a call back.  The only time I actually received a call from them is when I called their reservation department which was for the customers who were only paying cash - since I had a groupon I told them I know I am calling the wrong place, but I have called and left messages and no one has returned my call.

I finally had someone call me back to inform me that all weekends are booked until November.  Strange, because when you look on their online booking site it shows weekends available.  We went ahead and booked the day and then after plans changed and we were going to be in Phoenix in a couple of weekends anyways we wanted to try to change it from Thursday to Saturday.  I called and got a good employee.  I asked about the availability of a Saturday and changing to that date and they said it could certainly be done but they had to inform me that the charge would be a weekend fee of $249 per person instead of the $219 weekly fee - I asked them how that would work with a groupon and they stated that since it was a groupon I would have to call back the next day.  I then asked them if they thought they would change it and they stated they were unsure as typically only a certain amount of weekend days are held for groupons and that they reserve most weekends for cash customers.

I called back the next day to find out that not only were there no weekends available but the whole month had already been booked - magically overnight!  I looked online again to see that there were open weekend days available - if they save the weekend days for cash customers this should be stated up front when purchasing the groupon.

I called back to speak with the manager, which just so happened to be the employee I had spoken with previously.  He was very rude and basically told me that they get thousands of people calling everyday and then even went on to ask me if I wanted them to kick someone out of their spot so we could go skydiving.  I went on to ask him how the online booking system works as if I were to go online right now to book the day we wanted, it shows available.  He stated that I would receive a call within 5 minutes saying that day was not available and that the pending charges would then be dropped so the card would not be charged.

It seems to me that if their online system is showing multiple slots available during the weekend, there is some dishonesty going on here or they need to think about replacing their online booking system as it is not an efficient way of booking reservations.

This was a horrible experience and it was just trying to book the reservation.  I am bringing this up with groupon to see what can be done about this as at this point, I don't even want to spend my money there.

Would not recommend this place to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2013 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phoenix-Area-Skydiving/Casa-Grande-Arizona-85122/Phoenix-Area-Skydiving-Dont-try-using-a-Groupon-with-them-you-will-get-no-where-Casa-G-1082406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phoenix Area Skydiving