Complaint Review: Phoenix Comfort Inn

• Submitted: Mon, November 20, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, November 20, 2006

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Phoenix Comfort Inn
5050 N. Black Canyon Hwy. Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
  • Phone: 602-242-8011
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Phoenix Comfort Inn Preauthorized Credit Card Multiple Times At Check-In ripoff Phoenix Arizona

When I checked into the Phoenix Comfort Inn, the female clerk (Lenny) took my major credit card and state driver's license. She then performed something on the computer in which my credit card was processed three (3) times. The room itself for one night, including tax amounted to only $78.44. However, when I checked online later that evening to check the charges on my credit card, all of my credit was used up!!! I had zero (0) credit left on the card!! I should have had at least $400 credit on my card.

The clerk (Lenny) should have just pre-authorized my credit card for the cost of the room, plus the $50 deposit, for a total of around $130 only. When I brought this matter to the attention of the same clerk the next morning when I was checking out, she claimed she did not run my card multiple times. But, in fact, she did as I had contacted the credit card company and they told me exactly what happened and that unless Comfort Inn contacted them with the authorization numbers, I would have to wait 15 days for the pending charges to come off my credit card.

I talked to the Manager, David Guzman, who also was very rude and unfriendly with me and basically told me there was nothing they could or would do for me. This happended at the beginning of November and I am still waiting for the charges to get cleared from my credit card, as Comfort Inn would not help me at all in this problem.

Never will I stay at that establishment ever again! Very poor customer service!

Sara
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2006 08:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phoenix-Comfort-Inn/Phoenix-Arizona-85017/Phoenix-Comfort-Inn-Preauthorized-Credit-Card-Multiple-Times-At-Check-In-ripoff-Phoenix-Ar-221567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phoenix Comfort Inn