Complaint Review: Phoenix Consumer Services

• Submitted: Tue, March 09, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, March 09, 2004

• Reported By:Rison Arkansas
Phoenix Consumer Services
7551 Ulmerton Road Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Phoenix Consumer Services Fraudulent Credit Rebuilding Offers Against Innocent Citizens ripoff Largo Florida

I got a phone call today. It was a man with a confirmation number. I had recently applied online for 2 credit cards. The man said that someone would call me back in 5 minutes.

They did. The nice lady, whose line was captivating and reassuring said that they had pre-approved me for a credit card through CITIBANK Corporation. This credit card was going to help me rebuild my credit.

I asked the interest rate and she stated it was 6%. I asked if it was fixed and she replied yes. She informed me that in order to get the card, I had to allow them to deduct my account for 129.95 (my checking account).

After much speculation and telling her that I had just paid off my credit cards that I had, I agreed. I tend to be pretty intuitive so I began to get an easy feeling about giving out such personal information on the phone.

But she was SO NICE!! And so professional. I got online and put this companies name in to a search and this site came up!

I am going to stop payment on my deduction for the 129.95; thanks to people who have forwarned on here. I am also calling the Attorney General in my state and in the state of Florida TOMORROW.

What scum. What is even scarier, these people had to get my information from another reputable credit card company that I applied with.

Just makes me ill. But that's the American Way! Share that information. Just to make a buck.

Rison, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2004 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phoenix-Consumer-Services/Largo-Florida-33771/Phoenix-Consumer-Services-Fraudulent-Credit-Rebuilding-Offers-Against-Innocent-Citizens-ri-83353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phoenix Consumer Services