Complaint Review: Phoenix Financial Trust, Sally A. Walter, David Davis

• Submitted: Mon, October 06, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 06, 2008

• Reported By:Buena Park California
Phoenix Financial Trust, Sally A. Walter, David Davis
3100 Sheppard Blvd. New York, New York U.S.A.

Phoenix Financial Trust, Sally A. Walter, David Davis Notified by mail I am Category"C" Winner of the International EURO-Lotto Group for $53,000.00 held in trust by Phoenix Financial Trust with enclosed cashier's check for $2,640. New York New York

I was notified by mail by Sally A. Walter, Disbusrsement Manager Phoenix Inc., Phoenix Financial Trust that I am a Category "C" Winner of the international EURO-Lotto Group for $53,000. Enclosed was a cashier's check for $2,640 purportedly to cover taxes for the winning.

The letter instructs to call first Mr. David Davis (1 647 832 3549). I was able to talk to Mr. Davis who instructed me to deposit the check and withdraw the same in cash and thereafter call him again. I followed the instruction and deposited the check. I went on line banking and when It showed that the amount is available, I withdrew the money. I called Mr. Davis for the next instruction. He told me to send the amount of $2,365 by moneygram to Robert Digby New York, New York. He assured me that Robert Digby is a tax agent.

I smelled something fishy at this point and investigated. I chanced upon this website (ripoffreport.com) and found out that someone has been victimized with the supposed payment for tax on the lottery winning. I did not send the money and eventually was notified by my bank that the check was returned to my bank. It must have been a bogus certified cashier's check.

I am keeping the letter from Phenix Financial Trust and the letter from my bank informing me of the return of the check and I made written memos of my conversation with Mr. David Davis.

Mr. anonymous
Buena Park, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2008 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phoenix-Financial-Trust-Sally-A-Walter-David-Davis/New-York-New-York-14162/Phoenix-Financial-Trust-Sally-A-Walter-David-Davis-Notified-by-mail-I-am-CategoryC-W-378726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phoenix Financial Trust, Sally A. Walter, David Davis