Complaint Review: Phoenix Managment/scentura Creations - World Perfume

• Submitted: Thu, July 22, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, August 25, 2005

• Reported By:Ringoes New Jersey
Phoenix Managment/scentura Creations - World Perfume
448 Lincoln Blv. Middlesex, New Jersey U.S.A.

Phoenix Managment/scentura Creations AKA World Perfume ripoff Middlesex NJ New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Totally Amazed!

i am now reading about phoenix management and scentura creations being a scam for the first time. last week i saw an ad in the paper saying, wild and crazy office no exp. required. so right away i was interested. i called and got an interview. on the interview i was told that i would be making 30,000$ a year. so being 20 years old i was so excited. i didnt get much of a sense about what i would be doing but the money is what attracted me. so i was told that if they were interested in me that i would get a call between 5:30 and 6. i got the call and i was so happy. the next day i called out of my real job so that i could go to the second interview. there was a room full of people so i got nervous because i knew they were only looking for 25-30 people and there was well over double that. but they told me that i got the position so i was happy again. i told my other job that i would only be able to work weekends because i got another full time job. the position i went for was the entry level management.

my first day they started to get me to sell bottles of perfume to my friends and family(ffar) they made a contest and the jackpot prize was $1650.00. the contest was supposed to be one day and only that one day. the next day they said that the contest would be extended another day. i knew that i didnt win but i was still curious to who did. its been 4 days since this contest of a big jackpot and no one was paid that. later that day we went out on the "field" to sell bottles to people on the street. the first day we were stopped by a cop. my "trainer" was written a ticket, but she said i dont pay for this donny does. donny and holly are the ones that run that office. in their new cars, the always talk about their cars and donny tells us he made $962,000.00 last year alone.

my first day i hated, i was goin 2 quit but i decided to stay cus of my situation i need the money, at least what i thought would be the money. everyday for the past 4 days we had to sell the perfume. we were in the streets goin up to people tryin 2 sell them perfume. i thought this is crazy i dont want to do this.i still dont understand what we would be doin as managers "in our own office". there is no paycheck. you get money based on what u sell. if you sell a bottle for $25 you get $5.donny has "bonuses" tryin 2 motivate you to sell more. so you can sell 10 bottles and if someone else sells 11 they get the "bonus" which may be $50. so basically you can sell 10 bottles for $20 (cus its hard to get people to buy things off the street, so chances are you goin to say 20) and you wont get a dime. im glad that my dad showed me what he had looked up because the only website they gave us was their site that makes them look good. its sad to think that all the people there think they have successful careers.

Deslyn
Ringoes, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2004 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phoenix-Managmentscentura-Creations-World-Perfume/Middlesex-New-Jersey/Phoenix-Managmentscentura-Creations-AKA-World-Perfume-ripoff-Middlesex-NJ-New-Jersey-100151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phoenix Managment/scentura Creations - World Perfume

Totally Amazed!

AUTHOR: Shannon - (U.S.A.)

I am really amazed to be reading these reports about Scentura. Many years ago (when I was in my early 20's)this "company" was operating out of an office in Woodbridge, NJ (The Jewelry Exchange building). I really got the feeling this was a cult. I remember one girl there who often slept on the couch of another "manager" because she didn't have a place of her own.
When I got wise to their scam, I decided to leave. Now, most times when you quit a job, you clean out your desk and you're out of there, no problems. Not so with this place, they had one of the "managers" escort you out (by the way I had no desk to clean out). This was to make certain you didn't say anything to any of their prospects who were waiting. I also remember the guy who was running the whole shabang there threatening to take me to court if I told the people I sold perfume to cancel their checks.
I found out later that this "company" was being investigated by the Woodbridge Police Dept for employing underage people, they were in trouble with the management company of the building they were in for non-payment of rent, and their "staff" was selling the perfume on the street without a peddlar's license.