Complaint Review: Phoenix Travel - Phoenix Vacations - Phoenix

• Submitted: Fri, February 22, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 20, 2008

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Phoenix Travel - Phoenix Vacations - Phoenix
200 Valley Wood Dr. Suite 500 Spring, Texas U.S.A.

Phoenix Travel - Phoenix Vacations - Phoenix Free Vacation FRAUD, SCAM, THIEVES, LIARS. VILE, DISGUSTING, HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT? Spring Texas

*Consumer Comment: I don't think these criminals sleep at night; they plan the next scam

I have not actually purchased anything from them, nor do I intend to. However, when they contacted me with the offer of a free vacation, and then asked that I attend a 1 hour presentation meeting, lie about my income, lie that my mother and I were a couple, asked that I have a major credit card, I became even more skeptical. Once off the phone, I looked up "free vacation scam" online and found many reports of very similar tactics that were used on me. "Free roundtrip airfare for a 3 day 2 night stay at ________! Valid for one full year! No obligations! Just attend one presentation! Bonus offer ($200 gas voucher) if you come 15 minutes early!" They said they were a new company running a one-time promotion, and true to that, I did not find any information about them online, not about their company or searching using the phone number I was given.

The point of this complaint is to try to prevent people from becoming victims of these free vacation package scams. While it is true I am not an actual victim, and thus, I really do not have a valid claim right here, I daresay something seems fairly suspicious. They are running sales meetings starting tomorrow, on 02/23/2008, for at least a week that I know of.

Apparently they intend to call me back to make sure I attend one of their meetings sometime - I'm wondering if I should play along for a while before asking them how they sleep at night? They are basically criminals - how do you live with yourself? Or should I say something like, "So, I went online last night, and looked up 'free vacation scam'...and like, WOAH, these AWFUL companies were using the same tricks you guys are. Whaddaya know? That's such a shame they make all of you look so bad, isn't it?" We'll see.

I have also notified the FTC and BBB about this matter too. I'll probably file a report with the TX Attorney General sometime tonight as well. Good luck to the rest of you out there.

Lia
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2008 10:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phoenix-Travel-Phoenix-Vacations-Phoenix/Spring-Texas-77380/Phoenix-Travel-Phoenix-Vacations-Phoenix-Free-Vacation-FRAUD-SCAM-THIEVES-LIARS-VI-311255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phoenix Travel - Phoenix Vacations - Phoenix

AUTHOR: Keko655 - (U.S.A.)

Complete criminal scam, those "people" should be arrested and thrown to jail. I attended on 11/2007 and it is the most hidious group of con artists that I have ever seen in my life. A guy "interviewing" us had dirty nails and he looked stoned. Of course we didn't give them any money. Never received the "gas certificates". Of course didn't send them $50 "fee" to book a free 3 day trip that would cost me more than if I booked it myself.

They were called Beachcombers Vacation Club back in 2007. Before that they were called Castaway Vacation Club.

They are so stupid that they called me back to a "presentation" just weeks ago to the same location under Phoenix Travel name? Do they think that I had an amnesia?