injured

• Updated: Thu, July 28, 2005

• Reported By:Fort Payne Alabama
Phoenix University
phoenix.edu Nationwide U.S.A.

Phoenix University Ripoff Charging me for a degree that they don't offer. Phoenix Arizona

After attending class for two week, I attempted to contact my 'admission counselor', only to be told that he was no longer with Phoenix University. Then the bomb dropped. I was informed that the degree I thought I was to receive was not available at this time but perhaps would be offered in August. I was to receive an associate degree in business instead of the promised associate degree in business information technology.

Since I had been told by my afore mentioned counselor that there was a grace period to cancel if I found that the online environment wasn't right for me. I immediately told my new academic counselor that I would be leaving Phoenix Online and that my confidence in their university was seriously compromised. It was explained to me that in four years I could get a degree in Information Technology but would have to first get my associate degree in business.

I felt sick to my stomach; with three bone surgeries on my arms over the years and my current job requires me to lift 60 pound on a regular basis. I needed a degree in a faster time frame that would assist me in bettering my job situation. I had just survived the three most stressful situations that most of us face during our lives, divorce, and the death of my brother and relocation to a new state. And now Phoenix University.

The financial aid office then sent me a bill for over $1000.00 via email. I responded by informing them that any contract was voided since they could not deliver the degree that was promised. They then sent another e-mail recalling the first. This was on July 2, 2005.

Today I received via e-mail another bill for a little less then $800.00, along with threats of involving collection agencies. They have also contacted me by postal mail wanting to reschedule the classes, not mentioning any amount due. It would appear that this university's activities is questionable.

I am now attending AIU and have found their courses more challenging and informed. They are able to deliver on the degree that I have sought since starting this commitment to my future. While costing more I feel the quality of education I am receiving is worth it.

I welcome any help anyone can direct to me in closing the door to Phoenix University.

Sandra
Fort Payne, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2005 07:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phoenix-University/nationwide/Phoenix-University-Ripoff-Charging-me-for-a-degree-that-they-dont-offer-Phoenix-Arizona-151658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phoenix University