Complaint Review: Phoenix university

• Updated: Tue, October 30, 2012

• Reported By: Tasy Blue — Montgomery Alabama United States of America
Phoenix university
Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Phoenix university They are trying to me pay for my classes. They gave me a pell grant for 1500.oo and they saying they gave me 1650. They are also telling me if I want to continue school I have to pay eleven hundred do Phoenix, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Office of Dispute Management

I attended phoenix university in July of 2011. I recieved my first check from them in November. They told me since I flunk one class I would have to pay out of my pocket for it. I got a loan and I was approved for a pell grant so I didn't understand. I paid like four hundred dollars, but I was still going to school. They sent me a pell grant for 1500.00 dollars in July, 2012 and on my payment sheet it say's 1650.00 was refunded to me and that is not true. Now they are telling me, that wasn't my money and I owe eleven hundred dollars.

I'm in my six week of my psychology class and it last for nine weeks. They are telling me before I start my next class I have to pay for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2012 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phoenix-university/Phoenix-Arizona-/Phoenix-university-They-are-trying-to-me-pay-for-my-classes-They-gave-me-a-pell-grant-fo-960381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phoenix university

Office of Dispute Management

AUTHOR: Uofphoenix - (U.S.A.)

Hello:

Please understand that federal financial aid does not cover failed courses. That said, if you feel that you are being billed in error, I encourage you to contact my department to file a formal grievance.  The Office of Dispute Management is housed in the Office of the President and we can be reached at UofPhoenix@phoenix.edu or 602-557-5566.

- Libby Bailey, Dispute Operations Manager