• Report: #11949

• Reported By:Albrightsville PA
Photopoint.com
unknown Nationwide U.S.A.

Another Photopoint Ripoff Story

Initially, I spent the $9.95 to upgrade my photopoint.com account when they whined about having to assess a fee because they were losing money. No qualms about doing that. Found it easy to create and maintain albums, and found that my desire to store more grew rapidly. I spent 10 years in the navy and have a special affiliation with the USS LIBERTY Veterans. I ran out of space and had to pay additional fees to acquire more space, and did so willingly, without reservation. I think the additional fee was $39.95. The one album that took so much time and effort was the first cruise book of the ship containing 79 pages. Plus I had no fewer than 20 different albums at this site and spent an enormous amount of time organizing and downloading and updating captions, etc. I can understand and appreciate businesses failing...my biggest gripe is how do I recover all the photos that were posted and are not stored anywhere else? I am fortunate because I have back up for most pictures, but the effort has to be done from scratch once again.
Robert
Albrightsville Pennsylania

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Photopoint

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Photopointcom/nationwide/Another-Photopoint-Ripoff-Story-11949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Photopoint.com