Complaint Review: Photopoint.com

• Updated: Sun, December 30, 2001

• Reported By:Litchfield Il
Photopoint.com
Support@Photopoint.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Photopoint.com rip-off false adv..charged for service then closed down

*0: Hopefully their next venture will have this episode hanging over them for all to see.

*0: Another victim...

Photos@Photopoint.com charges users for storing pic in photo album and then has closed down sites..

we paid our annual dues of approx $20.00 and now they are shutting down the site..

Customers have taken a lot of time in submitting pictures to this site and can no longer use the sites now or let family members and friends see the picture albums..
This is a first class ripoff of a site manager..
Photopoint.com is a RIPOFF...

cmdrtack

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Photopointcom/nationwide/Photopointcom-rip-off-false-advcharged-for-service-then-closed-down-5753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Photopoint.com

#1 0

Rebuttal:
I used the service when it was provided for free and gladly paid the yearly rate since I was very satisfied with the service, when the charge was added.

I lost hundreds of pictures. The least they could have done is give us a weeks notice so we could have transferred images or ordered prints.

What ever happened did not have to occur over night like this and we have been ripped off. Hopefully their next venture will have this episode hanging over them for all to see.

#2 0

#3 0

#4 0

#5 0

Another victim...

AUTHOR: - ()

This email is a rebuttal to RipOff #5753.

It was sent by Cherlyn Gilpin at CKAYRUN@webtv.net.

Photopoint.com rip-off false adv..charged for service then closed down (#5753)

Their email: CKAYRUN@webtv.net

Their name: Cherlyn Gilpin

Their phone number: 573-657-0456

Their relationship to the company: Owner

Rebuttal:

I had $9.95 withdrawn from my checking account for being able to have and make photo albums for a year. I had 11 months almost left. I spent lots of time at photopoint. There was lots of pics i can never get replaced. Very nerve racking time. You didn't give us time to move our pics....