Complaint Review: Photopoint.com

• Updated: Sat, January 26, 2002

• Reported By:
Photopoint.com
Nationwide U.S.A.

Photopoint's Gone? What happens to our Pictures and Money?

I must be the last one on the planet to know that Photopoint has closed down! When did all this happen? I have been a member of Photopoint for several years, using their services for both my online auction sales as well as storing my personal family photos.

Just last October I started receiving e-mails and notices when I signed on to Photopoint about the new charges I'd have to pay to continue their services and also was told that if I didn't become a paying member in so many days, the photos I had on their site would be lost.

I felt that I had no choice so I paid my membership and it was not supposed to expire until November 2002. I've been off-line since the holidays and just tonight attempted to get back into Photopoint to retrieve a couple photos that I needed and couldn't get in....Then I noticed the Rip-Off Report. My, what a shock!! So now, what is the latest on this and are we going to get our pictures (and/or) money back?

I'm a retired grandmother and I'm certainly not in the position of being able to just throw my money to the wind plus many of the photos I have stored can not be replaced, including some of my dear mother who just passed away in July. I'm heartsick about this!!

dgb

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Photopoint

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Photopointcom/nationwide/Photopoints-Gone-What-happens-to-our-Pictures-and-Money-12533. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Photopoint.com