Complaint Review: Physicians Immediate Care Chicago

• Updated: Wed, March 24, 2010

• Reported By: JB — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Physicians Immediate Care Chicago
600 W Adams Internet United States of America

Physicians Immediate Care Chicago Price gouging, medical, hidden fees Chicago, Internet

This may just be another instance of Americans getting screwed over by the medical system in this country, but It just HAS to be reported. I went to get a simple prescription for a cold sore. I've gotten these things since I was a little kid. I know what they are, and how to treat them. Only problem is I can't LEGALLY buy the medication that WORKS without a doctor's prescription. STUPID!  The nurse at PIC took my blood pressure. The doctor took one look at my lip and told me what I already knew, wrote me a prescription for less than I requested, and this crap company charged me $275.00!!!

When I called the billing department to ask what could have cost so much, they told me that these prices are what the government allows them to charge! W....T.....F!?!?!

I'll never go to another clinic without asking what ALL of the fees I may be charged will be. but if the government is telling these companies that $275.00 is a reasonable charge for a minor office visit, then I think my complaint may as well be against the Fed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2010 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Physicians-Immediate-Care-Chicago/internet/Physicians-Immediate-Care-Chicago-Price-gouging-medical-hidden-fees-Chicago-Internet-584927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Physicians Immediate Care Chicago