Complaint Review: Physicians Immediate Care

• Updated: Wed, February 15, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Physicians Immediate Care
600 W Adams Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Physicians Immediate Care Price Inflation, Misleading Patients about Insurance, No Communication Before Sending a Bill to Collections Chicago, Illinois

Physician's Immediate Care has unethical and predatory business practices. The company claims to take ALL insurances, and I fell for this lie (clearly well understood by the staff, because when my insurance company denied the claim, the account rep at Physician's Immediate Care knew HMOs never accept their claims).

Needless to say, they do not take all insurance plans like they advertise. I was charged $350 while uninsured patients are only charged around $100.  They barely contacted me, and when I contacted them, I was told by different representatives that things would be taken care of, or to call back at different hours or to different extensions...

Finally they called me once, and when I didn't answer (because I work 9-5 and don't take personal calls while at work) they sent my "debt" to collections, that very day. In the year that I've been calling frequently to try to work with them, they only called me once, the very day they decided to send my account to collections. Prior to visiting Physician's Immediate Care, I had an impeccable credit history. Now I have a negative mark and no chance of recourse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2012 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Physicians-Immediate-Care/Chicago-Illinois-/Physicians-Immediate-Care-Price-Inflation-Misleading-Patients-about-Insurance-No-Commun-839480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Physicians Immediate Care