Complaint Review: Physicians United Plan

• Reported By: FLDisabled — 32940 Florida
Physicians United Plan
9102 Southpark Center Loop, Suite 200 Orldndo, Florida USA

Physicians United Plan The worst insurance I have ever had Orlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: Your wish is granted!

Physicians United Plan is the worst insurance I have ever had. In my opinion, they prey on the disabled by providing limited access to health care in order to maximize their own profits.

How do they prey on the disabled and limit access to health care?

1) PUP assured me they had multiple doctors in my county. They gave me a list of 13 orthopedic doctors. I phoned each one. Not even one doctor actually accepted PUP. They all said, "We should not be on the PUP list." They do NOT have the doctors they claim to have and publish on their website and in their provider book.

2) My own doctor told me that most of his associates no longer take PUP patients because of PUP's ridiculous rules meant to limit patient's access to care.

3) The physician who was treating me for precancer, got sick of PUP's redundant and ridiculous policies and quit taking PUP patients. I phoned PUP for a new doctor and they gave me three options - IN ANOTHER COUNTY!

4) My PUP approved Doctor sent me to the hospital for tests after requesting and getting PUP approval. I then got a bill from PUP stating they hadn't approved ALL the tests so I had to pay myself. I told them I was there when my doctor called for the test approval and received it. I asked for a complaint form and I was told that their policy did not allow a reconsideration of their decision.

5) I needed to see a specialist. I phoned PUP for options. They said "We don't have any approved in your county." They gave me the name of yet another specialist 63 miles away and in another county. When I reminded them that I was disabled and unable to travel to another county, the PUP representative responded, "We don't have to provide you with a doctor that's in your county."

6) If my PUP approved doctor requests and gets approval for me to see a specialist and then the specialist needs to see me a second time or for more tests, I cannot go back to the PUP approved specialist. I have to go back to my doctor and he has to request another visit to the PUP approved specialist and wait for approval. I was battling a cancer scare and all PUP did was try to lengthen the time between the visits to the specialist. I phoned and complained and filed a written complaint. Their response was, "That is our policy."

7) A respected surgeon that has performed four surgeries on me under a previous insurance called PUP to try to take me as a patient. The PUP represetnative hung up on his staff. When they told me this, I called PUP. The representative told me it was none of my business and hung up on me!

In my opinion, PUP's goal is to take Medicare moneys meant for the medical care of the disabled and keep it rather than allow it to be spent on the disabled patients it was meant for.

Their staff is rude and unhelpful.

Their policies are dangerous to the health of the disabled.

They have no business being allowed to operate in the Medicare system.

As soon as I am allowed, I will switch to another - ANY OTHER - insurance provider.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 06:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Physicians-United-Plan/Orldndo-Florida-32819/Physicians-United-Plan-The-worst-insurance-I-have-ever-had-Orlando-Florida-1054591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Physicians United Plan

Your wish is granted!

AUTHOR: jbird25 - ()

Well your wish is granted.  Today the Insurance Commissioner went to Federal Court and PUP is declaring bankruptcy.  The state has asked for an automatic liquidation on July 1, court documents show.T  Guess you better call your agent.