Complaint Review: Physicians Weight Loss Centers

• Updated: Thu, May 08, 2014

• Reported By: Feather Halo — Houston Texas United States of America
Physicians Weight Loss Centers
Houston, Texas United States of America

Physicians Weight Loss Centers PWLC What is that Deal really going to cost from Groupon, Living Social, Sweet Jack, etc.? Houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: I lost 40 lbs

*Consumer Comment: Raleigh- GREAT STAFF, OWNERS AND ATMOSPHERE!!!

*General Comment: Pleased customer

The Physicians Weight Loss Clinic DEAL cost me $781 for 5 weeks. It also took a considerable amount of time as I was required to go to the clinic at least 3 times a week to weigh and have a counselor go over my daily food diary.  I was also taking a handful of capsules before every meal.

Below is a list of what is required in order to participate in this program for just 30 days. The products alone cost approximately $500 not including the promotional price of $89 spent to try the program:

Supplement - Pudding/shake/soup/etc mix (7 ea/box @ 2 per day) 9 Box X $17 = $153.
Supplement - Protein Bars (7ea/box @ 1 per day) 4 Box X $17 = $68.
Fiber Drinks (10 ea/box @1 per day) 3 Box X $10 = $30.
Water Enhancers (30 day supply) 1 Box X $60 = $60.
Carb Blocker (90 ea @ 6 per day) 2 Bottle X $45 = $90.
Herbal Cap (30 ea @ 1 per day) 1 Bottle X $50 = $50
EFA (120 ea @ 6 per day) 2 Bottle X @ $25 = $50

The 1st week on the diet I had to buy 1 week of water enhancers at $21.  The following week I bought my entire 6 week supply of supplements at one time to get a 15% discount.  That round of supplements alone cost $490 drive out.   Then I had to buy 2 boxes of special pudding/shake mixes for $54.00 which was required when the nutritionist modified my diet for 3 days.  I also bought a box of light meal replacement bars for $27 for times when I couldnt eat the special foods required for the diet.  This made my total supplement costs alone $592.00.  If I did not cook I would have spent a lot more on the packages of Meal Replacements available.  Also the Clinic where I went does not offer variety packages of products & they have no return policy.  So the items that I bought that I didnt like I was stuck with.  Honestly most of the products that I tried didnt taste very good either.

My actual expenditures for 5 weeks totaled $781:
$89 Special Promotion Price
$592.00 Supplements (herbal pills, water enhancers, puddings/shakes,
$100.00 Upgraded B12 Lipo

When the reality of the situation really clicked for me is when they insisted that I needed to upgrade my plan for an additional $1,000 in order to get the transition diet.  I was told that I really need the full plan because I wont know what to eat without their support. Up until that moment I truly thought Physicians Weight Loss Center was going to teach me how to eat & that when I finished my 6 weeks I wouldnt have to keep a food diary.  I was so turned off by the high pressure sales pitch that I did not go back the last week nor did I get my last B12 Lipo injection that I paid for.  I did, however, get an $89 refund from Groupon when I shared my expensive experience.

I am angry and embarrassed that I spent so much money.  However, I am willing to share my experience so that others will be aware that that $89 DEAL is going to cost them much more.  I found that there was no magic formula to their food plan or supplements.  I still had to do all of the work.  My advice to you if you need to lose weight is to join Weight Watchers & pay $10 a visit to weigh & be accountable for the food you are eating.  It is a lot cheaper & it worked for me before. One must keep a food diary at Physicians Weight Loss Centers & at Weight Watchers. Six weeks at Physicians Weight Loss Center at $500-$800 versus Weight Watchers at $60, you do the math!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 06:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Physicians-Weight-Loss-Centers/Houston-Texas-/Physicians-Weight-Loss-Centers-PWLC-What-is-that-Deal-really-going-to-cost-from-Groupon-L-902765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Physicians Weight Loss Centers

I lost 40 lbs

AUTHOR: Heather - ()

My husband and I went there twice now and had non problems. I lost 4 0# total and my husband lost 60#. It is costly quick is why were haven't just gone continuously. But the supplements help to curb your appetite while on a low calorie diet. Ice tried it with and without the supplements and noticed a difference. The staff at the Amherst office id's friendly and encouraging. They were upfront about the cost and different plan options as well as payment options.

AUTHOR: Nicole - ()

I was surprised so see a negative experience that the lady had. Not knowing where she went or the people who were involved, I can assure you that the one that just opened up in RALEIGH, NC is AMAZING! The owners and staff are very professional, knowledgeable and fun! I have lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks and feel terrific. I wish that if someone had a not so good experience, that they wouldn't publish online that they would work it out with the owners because I'm a very pleased customer! Going to PWLC-Raleigh is like no other weight loss program.  I am very comfortable and confident when I go into the center. I do like the products as well. They have samples quite a bit. so I can try things and they are very motivational. I was one who was very down because of my weight and going in there always puts a smile on my face.  Thank you, PWLC!!!!

#3 General Comment

Pleased customer

AUTHOR: Very pleased customer - ()

I am a former client oh PWLC. I lost 33 pounds and 51 inches in 3 months on this plan and I look great. You do not have to buy everything they have to offer. The choice is yours. You can make your own meals from their plan list you can buy at the store. All you need is the protein drinks to drink 3-4 a day. The vitimans you should buy as well which are no more expensive than the vitamans you buy in the stores. That's all you need to buy to lose 3 pounds a week. It's a great healthy program that will get your body in shape both physically and medically. The person who bought all they listed did not make wise decisions. The cost for the plan is $100. $12 for a box of protein drinks 7 in a box plus vitiamans.  Much better and faster program than weigh watchers. The weight won't return for a long time because you are burning fat and not muscle with PWLC