Complaint Review: Piazza's Fine Food

• Submitted: Sun, March 12, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, March 12, 2006

• Reported By:Palo Alto California
Piazza's Fine Food
3922 Middlefield Palo ALto, California U.S.A.

Piazza's Fine Food ripoff Charged at cash register higher prices than appeared on shelves in several cases always higher Palo Alto California

I frequently buying grocery products at Piazza's Fine Food. Last week there was a "mistake" where a product I bought and the price on the shelf was lower than the price the cash register charged me. I noticed it and they returned my money. Today (3-12-2006) I bought 12 items. I noticed at the cash register that Stoneridge Dried Strawberries were charged $6.49 instead of $4.59 (the price on the shelf was clear and appeared several times!) They appologized and returned the money. At home I checked again the invoice and found that they charged me $9.29 for Star X Olive Oil. I drove back to the store to find out that it should have been $7.98, clearly marked on the shelf. They appologized again and refunded me.

They either cheat or very sloppy, and "errors" were always for their side. There should be a way they will be stopped. What about other people who are less aware than me? I was buying there over 7 years - how much money they ripped off me in the past? I'm not looking for ANY compensations. Just do something.

Gur
Palo Alto, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2006 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Piazzas-Fine-Food/Palo-ALto-California/Piazzas-Fine-Food-ripoff-Charged-at-cash-register-higher-prices-than-appeared-on-shelves-180747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Piazza's Fine Food