Complaint Review: Picture Me Portrait Studio

• Updated: Fri, September 23, 2011

• Reported By: Jennifer — Freeman South Dakota United States of America
Picture Me Portrait Studio
3001 Broadway Ave, Yankton, SD Yankton, South Dakota United States of America

Picture Me Portrait Studio Photographers don't know what they're doing Yankton, South Dakota

I have had bad experiences in the past with this particular portrait studio.  The photographers are so poorly trained and don't have any idea how to pose people.  Last year the woman working there asked my 3 year old son how he should be posed.

So this year when I made the appointment for my kids, I made sure the manager would be working that day since she seems to be the only one that can do it right.  However, when I showed up for our appointment, someone else was working.  The manager had been injured and was on leave for a while.  I understand that completely, but they never bother to train the other photographers adequately.  (A friend of mine once went to work for this company and quite shortly after because they spent far more time training them to upsell photos and barely any time training them to take photos.)

This gal also had no idea how to take photos or how to pose the children.  I had to do all the posing for them.  We had very few good photos to choose from and it was more like picking out the ones that weren't as bad as the others.  And then for my last child, who is super photogenic and always smiling, I thought for sure we'd have a lot of photos to choose from.  However, when we looked at them, the camera had been tilted on most of them so many of them didn't turn out either.

Well, this past week I went to pick up our photos.  We live out of town and don't get to Yankton very often.  But when I got there, no one was working.  It was still a half hour before closing, but they had closed up anyway.  I hate to make a special trip to pick them up the way gas prices are.  And who knows if they'll be working when I go again anyway.

I called the regional manager to discuss these issues.  But I have left two messages and she has not returned my calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2011 07:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Picture-Me-Portrait-Studio/Yankton-South-Dakota-57078/Picture-Me-Portrait-Studio-Photographers-dont-know-what-theyre-doing-Yankton-South-Dak-780308. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Picture Me Portrait Studio