Complaint Review: Picture me Potrait studio

• Updated: Thu, February 17, 2011

• Reported By: Mad in NY — Horseheads New York United States of America
Picture me Potrait studio
county rout 64 Horseheads, New York United States of America

Picture me Potrait studio sold my picture without my permission Horseheads, New York

*Consumer Comment: What?

My daughter took her baby to the Picture me potrait studio to have the babys pictures taken. when the pictures came in they would not allow her to pick up the picture with out the receipt of purchase. A week later the same potrait studio sold pictures to a lady who had no rights to the pictures nor did she have permission or proof of knowing my daughter or the baby. the studio sold her the pictures so i contacted the picture me comapany and they stated that the studio was not to sell any pictures with out the orginal receipt or permission from the origanal purcheser, the lady said she would have the genral maneger call me back and when she did call she told me OWELL nothing can be done because they already gave the lady the CD which also gives her the Copy rights to the pictures. i cant beleive they would sell peoples pictures to someone like that what if a child molester came in and wanted to purchase pictures they would allow them to purchase them. how many times have they done this and people dont know about it how many pictures of someones child is floating out there in a perverts hands. there has to be something that can be done about them doing this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2011 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Picture-me-Potrait-studio/Horseheads-New-York-14845/Picture-me-Potrait-studio-sold-my-picture-without-my-permission-Horseheads-New-York-696642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Picture me Potrait studio

What?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Something is missing in this report.

Unless you are saying that some lady just randomly went through the photos and selected your daughter/granddaughter's picture she had to have known several things.

First that your daughter had photos there, then that your daughter didn't pick them up, and probably most importantly the name the order was under.

The only way that this could have happened is that this woman knew your daughter.  If she knows your daughter how do you know that she actually didn't have the receipt.

So what is the rest of the story?