Complaint Review

Miscellaneous Companies

Piercing Pagoda Not realy 10k gold Internet

*Consumer Comment: I read rebutts that are fake

*Consumer Comment: I've seen some jewelry marked as 10K RGP, or

I purchased a 10k "gold" necklace for my boyfriend. Used layway and exchanged it after picking it up for a thinner chain. I spent over $200 for what was marked as 10k gold chain only to find out it is PLATED gold. The chain broke 6 days after I gave it to my boyfriend.. I tried to exchange it at the kiosk I purchased it at, but they would not do that without a receipt (they kept my receipt when I exchanged it so of course I didn't have it) Anyways, as if that wasn't irritating enough my only options were to have it sautered back together for $30 or pawn it and buy a better quality chain. When I took to several pawn shops they said it has no gold value because it is plated gold and fails the magnet test. I thought jewelry had to be marked as plated when it is not solid gold. Lesson learned don't buy jewelry from a kiosk in the mall and expect it to be real as marked.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2012 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Piercing-Pagoda/internet/Piercing-Pagoda-Not-realy-10k-gold-Internet-921130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Piercing Pagoda

I read rebutts that are fake

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Come to think of it, all of Kenny rebutts are fake

I've seen some jewelry marked as 10K RGP, or

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

rolled gold plate.  It sounds like they really are trying to scam people.

Might ask the DA to look into this retailler.
Good luck.