Complaint Review: Pietra Apartments

• Reported By: jbdezign — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Pietra Apartments
19635 North Cave Creek Road Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Pietra Apartments a Mark Taylor Community Absurd Move-Out Fees Phoenix, Arizona

I rented a studio apartment from Pietra Apartments a Mark Taylor Community in Phoenix, Arizona. When touring the studio, the first thing I noticed were these surface scratches on the hardwood parquet floor. The sales person mentioned them and said theyve noted these damages down.

Upon signing, I greed that they were scratches, surface scratches caused by dogs trying to dig through the floor. You couldnt argue that they were not scratch marks.
To my wonderfull surprise, one and a half years later upon move out, two weeks later I get a bill in the mail. The move out inspection report as follows:

$175.00 Cleaningn Fee
$727.68 Repairs
$18.51 Replacement
$25.00 Other
$18.92 Sales Tax
$1, 054.28 Total Charges

I was totally blown away, what for?? Shocked, I couldnt even sleep through the night worrying about tis outrageous bill. Struggling with my own, the last thing I needed was paying for something I totally didnt cause!!! How unfair is this?
Aparently a cleaning fee of $175 is justified for cleaning the kitchen sink, tossing two plastic items in the trash, and doing wahtever with my clothes which I forgot in the dryer.

I was not notified that I forgot my clothes in there, I think they just disposed of them. When I asked Carolyn the front office manager what happend to my clothes, why was I not notified? She said Whatever we can sell, well keep and whatever we cant make money off of we toss in the trash, thats really nice to know.

Paying for something you totally did not cause, how would you feel? I dug up photos from move in day that clearly show the markings on the floor, Im not paying for these damages. I dont have any pets, I did not cause them, very unfair they way theyre handeling this issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2010 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pietra-Apartments/Phoenix-Arizona-85024/Pietra-Apartments-a-Mark-Taylor-Community-Absurd-Move-Out-Fees-Phoenix-Arizona-666630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pietra Apartments