Complaint Review: Pimsler, Pimsleur Approach

• Updated: Fri, July 05, 2013

• Reported By: jean — Burke Virginia
Pimsler, Pimsleur Approach
1600 JFK Boulevard, 3rd Floor Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Pimsler AKA Stroll Learning HORRIBLE PIMSLER RIPOFF DON'T DO IT!!!! Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I happily ordered 2 copies of 2 different language "short" courses from Pimsler.  The courses were to listen for 30 minutes a day for 10 days and have some fluency in the languages.  The packages came just fine.  Then a second set of larger items came which I DID NOT ORDER.  I called their "customer service" and they said that I had authorized them to send these EXPENSIVE sets to me.  I did not!

Also, the packages came in my husband's name!  I ordered them in MY name and used MY credit card (where he is NOT on the account).  How that that happen???  The "customer service" had no idea.  They said they would send labels for return - not yet received.

I got my credit card bill and saw 2 $1.00 charges from Stroll Learning 866-927-7659.  I called today to inquire. I got CHAZ.  He was rude, crude and socially unacceptable. He interruped, he argued with me and put me on hold and didn't come back.  I called again and got CHAZ. I asked for the supervisor and he put me on hold and didn't come back.  One more time the same thing.  I went on line and find the "customer service" for Pimsler 1-800-831-5497 and called them.  Got a very nice person who told me that the Stroll Learning which advertizes as Pimsler is a different licensed company.  She took my complaint and said that all contact with Stroll Learning is through email.  I thanked her.

I called back to the original number 866-927-7659 and got Phil who was quite nice and he connected me with Ebony a supervisor.  I told her all about it and she said she would talk with Chaz immediately.  Also, she refunded my $2.00 fee.

I told her that my account was to be cancelled, no matter what name it is in, and that if there were any additional charges to my credit card that I would take them to court.

For a package which I purchased happily and with high hopes, I had a crappy day and a terrible set of phone calls with this "company".  What a RIPOFF and PROBLEM and HORRIBLE / NON-EXISTENT :"Customer Service".

Find the REAL Pimsler and order from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 06:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pimsler-Pimsleur-Approach-/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103-/Pimsler-AKA-Stroll-Learning-HORRIBLE-PIMSLER-RIPOFF-DONT-DO-IT-Philadelphia-Pennsylv-1064541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pimsler, Pimsleur Approach