Complaint Review: Pimsleur APPROACH

• Submitted: Wed, October 26, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, October 26, 2011

• Reported By: Ann — Seattle Washington USA
Pimsleur APPROACH
4412 Ludlow Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Pimsleur APPROACH PimsleurApproach.com forced me to buy a product I did not want with deceptive billing costs Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Pimsleur Approach (which is separate from the Pimsleur method) sent me an initial Spanish language CD for a "no obligation" trial.  I paid $10.00 to try this CD.  After that it was supposed to be my request to continue with the program.  I did not request the follow up CD because it was too easy.  I ordered something different from Amazon.com  I received a package from Pimsleur APPROACH for their next level CD, Spanish I.  I called them and said I did not want it.  I also asked the price.  They would have billed my credit card $56.00 X 4 months for their Spanish I.  That was so expensive!  I knew I could get the same program on Amazon for less than $100.00

Then the sales representative asked me if I wanted their Spanish III for a "one-time-only" fee o $200.00.  This pricing was reasonable to me (and similar to other level 3 NEW programs on the market)  I agreed, my credit card was charged, and I received that package a month after my credit card was charged.

I thought I was done with them.  Then another UNsolicited packaged arrived on my doorstep.  I had to call and go through the hassle of getting the return label, then the return number which took me 7 days with them, and they ask that the package be returned within 10 days.  I am having to watch my credit card everyday to check to make sure I am not billed by this company for these unwanted CDs.

This is, as yet, unresolved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2011 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pimsleur-APPROACH/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19104/Pimsleur-APPROACH-PimsleurApproachcom-forced-me-to-buy-a-product-I-did-not-want-with-dece-792314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pimsleur APPROACH