Complaint Review: Pimsleur Approach/ Internet Order, LLC

• Submitted: Wed, March 18, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, September 05, 2011

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
Pimsleur Approach/ Internet Order, LLC
340 N.12th Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Pimsleur Approach/ Internet Order, LLC Ripped off by Pimsleur Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*General Comment: Not a rip off

I bought the Pimsluer language learning product. I only want to try the starter kit of $9.95. Be careful with the box that is already checked at the bottom of your order page. They will send you another program for $236. They charge you because they have your credit card number. I cancelled my credit card number I used to order pimsleur. When I called the company in order to return the product, I was instructed to wait for the return shipping label. This company tried to contact me a month later because the credit card has been declined. I was told again to wait for the return shipping label.

Finally another month passed by, I received a email stating that my account has been sent to collection. I called and explained to the customer service line and that I have the package unopened, I am just waiting for the shipping label. They said the shipping label was emailed to me regardless of whether or not I have received the email. They refuse to take back the product eventhough it is unopened.

I would understand if the company wants to charge money for the use of the CDs over the period that the product is still in my hand. They may want to make some money out of their "free trial". However, in this case, the product is unopened. I did not want to open it because the starter kit does not show any sign that I can learn language from this learning program. There is no way I can learn or make use of their product over the course of waiting for the return shipping label. The customer service keeps draging on waiting time. At the end, they don't even want their product back even though it is unopen!

This company is really dishonest in all business sense. This is how they make money.

Ann
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2009 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pimsleur-Approach-Internet-Order-LLC/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19107/Pimsleur-Approach-Internet-Order-LLC-Ripped-off-by-Pimsleur-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-435365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pimsleur Approach/ Internet Order, LLC

#1 General Comment

Not a rip off

AUTHOR: J.W. Martin - (United States of America)

I read the same internet ad and it said plainly that they would send other material on trial.  The material could be sent back and you could cancel at any time.  This caused me not to order this product.  We need to be more aware of tricks in marketing and not get into something we don't want.  I wish all of the clients who filed a complaint well and hope you get the problems resolved soon.  After reading the internet ad I realized there would be such complaints and I was very interested in what people had to say on Rip Off Reports.  Good luck to all.