Complaint Review: Pimsleur Approach Language Learning

• Submitted: Thu, July 19, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, August 13, 2012

• Reported By: Barbara — Battlement Mesa Colorado United States of America
Pimsleur Approach Language Learning
2811 Southampton Road Philadelphia Internet, Pennsylvania United States of America

Pimsleur Approach Language Learning Internet Sales, LLC Their "hook" was an offer of $9.95 per course w/a promise of success. I ordered two courses on my Master Card AND THEN IT BEGAN: Pimsleur began a monthly deduction from my debit card of $128.00 Philadelphia Internet, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Pimsleur: Lousy online company

*Consumer Suggestion: Pimsleur: Consumers hate them

I was (sadly) enticed by a very "classy" looking ad online for language courses by "Pimsleur Approach". Stating that even the FBI uses their courses, their offer of $9.95 per course was (seemed) fabulous. I rarely place internet orders, but I ordered two courses: Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese at $9.95 each.

Then all Hell broke loose - Pimsleur began to withdraw $128.00 ($64.00 per course) from my Social Security debit card every month. And I was receiving in the mail a barrage of courses I NEVER ordered! I was hospitalized for quite some time and during that time the unwanted - unordered - packages built up. And when I tried to pay my bills I discovered the missing funds. I immediately called Pimsleur to report the mistake and I was told, too bad, you cannot return, and we will not refund.

I have never felt so helpless in my life. Social Security debits $764.00 a month to my card and that is all the money I have to live on. They said they make no exceptions regarding refunds - NO REFUNDS. The "Pimsleur" name and the name of those who promote them "Internet Sales, LLC" must go on a list of disreputable, immoral businesses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2012 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pimsleur-Approach-Language-Learning/Philadelphia-Internet-Pennsylvania-19154/Pimsleur-Approach-Language-Learning-Internet-Sales-LLC-Their-hook-was-an-offer-of-99-914580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pimsleur Approach Language Learning

Pimsleur: Lousy online company

AUTHOR: Danae - (United States of America)

I too was hooked by the pimsleur approach site for $10 to learn any language. I thought it was a good deal and maybe I could learn the language a little bit.

Months later they sent me an "Advanced Pimsleur Course". I tried to cancel before they were going to send it to me but they said they had sent it out already. I had read the fine print that said each advanced course would be charged to my credit card after 30 days. A total of $248.

I didn't think I'd ever have to pay it because I was going to send it back as soon as it came. I did this.. followed there many steps to shipping it back to them.

My card is still being charged every month for $62. I am upset with this horrible company. I warn anyone who wants to try out their trial to Don't Do It! They'll take your money and it really sucks to have hard earned money just thrown down the drain to a lousy company. I am good at getting into these situations. I guess I am not careful enough about my online ventures. :(

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Pimsleur: Consumers hate them

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

First,  in  now  way  I  am  trying  to  defend  this  company  or  to  sympathize  with  the.  I  also  ordered  the  $ 10,-  introductory  CDs  and  was  really  disappointed  with  what  I received.

But  I  knew  that  they  would  send  additional  CDs -  it  was  disclosed.  What  they  didn't  make  clear  was  to  which  address  a  customer  should  return  their  stuff,  there  was  only  one  physical  address  on  one  of  their  letters  and  when  I  sent  a  certified  letter  to  this  address  it  was  not accepted.

their  product  is  crap  and  there  is  no  "method  to  trick  the brain"  as  they  claim  in their  advertisement.