Complaint Review: Pimsleur Approach Language

• Updated: Fri, March 08, 2013

• Reported By: WRPierre2 — Luling Louisiana United States of America
Pimsleur Approach Language
Internet, Pennsylvania United States of America

Pimsleur Approach Language Recurring Credit Card charges ,Promotional price is NOT a 1 time charge!!!, Internet, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Yes, YOU did screw up....

*Author of original report: Did I "Screw Up"?

*Consumer Suggestion: I found this on their order page....

I ordered a promotional language learning CD. I thought it would be a 1 time charge! They are still billing me, and they plan to continue. This may not be legally wrong, but it is morally wrong. I am prepared to go as far as a class action law suit!!!! This site may help, the BBB may also help. I am extremely angry over this. Calling them is a waste of time. If you don't return it in the first month, they try to collect. If I wanted to be dishonest, I could have copied it and returned it the same day. I wasn't trying to be dishonest. This ain't right, and something needs to be done about it!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2013 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pimsleur-Approach-Language/Internet-Pennsylvania-19154/Pimsleur-Approach-Language-Recurring-Credit-Card-charges-Promotional-price-is-NOT-a-1-ti-1025661. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pimsleur Approach Language

Yes, YOU did screw up....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"Did I screw up?"

Also, I DO NOT work for them or any of the other almost fifty companies I've been accused of working for.

I predict, you'll have more problems of this kind, as you're sure not willing to admit where the trouble lies.BTW, it's NOT necessary to "Dig through" their site to find the Terms...in fact, you'd pretty much have to be blind to miss it.

Did I "Screw Up"?

AUTHOR: WRPierre2 - (United States of America)

I'm glad you dug through the site and found how very upright and forthcoming they are in regards to the recurring charge. I have a product I do not want. I'll gladly send it back, now stop taking my money. If you don't stop taking my money--now that's "screwed up".

#3 Consumer Suggestion

I found this on their order page....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"By clicking below, I'll be charged $9.95 and agree to the adjacent purchase programs and Terms and Conditions."

Here are those DIRECTLY ajdacent Terms and Conditions (hard to miss)...

"Pimsleur Rapid Fluency Purchase Program: One month after you receive your Quick & Simple you'll begin receiving 30 day trial copies of

advanced Pimsleur courses in the language you selected. Each course is yours to try for 30 days.

You'll receive a new course once every 60 days. For each course you keep we'll bill you in four

monthly payments of $64. Remember, there's never an immediate obligation to buy any course because of the 30-day trial period provided with each shipment. And you may cancel future

shipments at any time by calling 1-877-802-5283. See Key Details"

You CANNOT order the trial set without agreeing to the Terms and conditions..You did do this didn't you?What do you want the BBB to do for you?  What, exactly, needs to be done about it?

It isn't even morally wrong as the terms are very hard to miss and are very concise...YOU screwed up and want to blame someone else.

NO Ripoff here.