Complaint Review: Pimsleur Approach and Internet Order LLC

• Updated: Thu, June 12, 2014

• Reported By: murphn8tor — Riverside California
Pimsleur Approach and Internet Order LLC
1600 JFK Blvd. 3'rd Floor Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Pimsleur Approach and Internet Order LLC Scam video Ad where Pimsleur uses Facebook and your Facebook friends to manipulate you. Philadelphia Pennsylvania

My Facebook friend alegedly sent me a 10 minute video to watch regarding this inexpensive and revolutionary way to learn a foreign language. Pimsleur "phishes" Facebook address books and sends out ads to watch this video. The video is very compelling and gives examples the quality is very high end studio content and they repeatedly use universities and the CIA as references of clients. I believe now it is all a lie. I agreed to the terms of the video ad which is basic they claim no tricks no gimmiks you pay $10 and they send you a CD with the first lesson and if you want to continue you need to purchase their program. I received the CD and to my dismay two weeks later I received a box of CD's and they began doing automatic withdrawals from my card used to purchase the first CD. The video never tells you this will happen, the agreement you make never states what the other disks are how many, how much money or any of the terms. I didn't request the CD's I don't want the CD's. I called to cancel and they left me on hold for well over two hours. This is obviously a scam and a very good one at that whereas they use your Facebook account and even the CIA.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2014 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pimsleur-Approach-and-Internet-Order-LLC/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania/Pimsleur-Approach-and-Internet-Order-LLC-Scam-video-Ad-where-Pimsleur-uses-Facebook-and-y-1154407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pimsleur Approach and Internet Order LLC