• Report: #819736

• Submitted: Sun, January 08, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, January 08, 2012

• Reported By: Ollie — Henderson Nevada United States of America
Pimsleur Approach
1600 JFK Boulevard, 3rd Floor Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Pimsleur Approach I ordered a free language demo. and was billed $768.00 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I ordered a $9.95 language (Spanish) demo in response to an e-mail from Pimsleur Approach. I received the demo and thought no more about it. Then I received a package from Pimsleur containing more disks with an invoice  with the notice that it was a free trial. Then I started receiving charges on my credit card account.

I had never looked into the box that contained the original course material. I now did so and found out that Pimsleur alleged that I had also signed up for his "Pimsleur Approach Rapid Fluency Program". This was not legally true. You cannot automatically piggy back a contract with another contract without the consent of the contractee.

Further, the cost of each of the follow on courses was never brought to my attention. I then asked for an invoice and found, to my horror, that they were billing me for $256.00 for each of three courses for a total of $768.00.

The credit card company was of no help. The fundamental legal basis for my argument is that if you received something in the mail that you never requested you are not required to return the product. Further, the price of the follow on courses was never revealed. Therefor, I could not have given an informed consent.

I am 81 years old living on a fixed income. I would have to be insane to spend that much money, that I don't have, on a non essential product such as a language course.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2012 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pimsleur-Approach/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103/Pimsleur-Approach-I-ordered-a-free-language-demo-and-was-billed-76800-Philadelphia-Pe-819736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pimsleur Approach