Complaint Review: Pimsleur Approach

• Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: Tiffany — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
Pimsleur Approach
1600 JFK Blvd, 3rd Floor Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Pimsleur Approach Justifying retaining credit card and personal information to send much most expensive unwanted product Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I ordered the original $10 version looking forward to try a product that reputedly worked better than Rosetta at a much cheaper price. I tried it for a few days and did actually learn and retain the German language better than 3 years of college level classes achieved. That being said it would be not recommend this product to my worst enemy. About a month after the original order I received a package in the mail with 16 discs, supposedly an extended much more complete course.

I could keep it for 30 days and afterward would be charged approx $64 a month for 4 months. I unfortunately received all this around Christmas and almost forgot about it, I found it in the hall closet two weeks ago before work and made my husband call during their business hours to get that crap out of my house. Later that day I received a text from him saying that they were cancelling the "order" and all we had to do was pay shipping costs. WE had to pay shipping on a product we never wanted to begin with.

My husband, being less assertive than me, did not argue. I decided to call. I took a break at work and called. I was connected with a customer service rep with an appallingly bad attitude. I was informed that when I agreed to the terms and conditions I agreed to receive the additional courses and was therefore responsible for return cost. I could be assured however, that I would not be charged and my account deactivated. I sent the product later that week.. only to receive back on Wednesday of this week as address (the very one they gave me ) undeliverable.

I immediately popped it back in the mail having to repay the shipping cost again... only to find that they have taken the liberty to charge my account for $64. I am livid! Customer service berates you for agreeing to terms and conditions if you "supposedly" did not desire to receive the additional courses, excluding the fact that you would never have been able to purchase the original $10 product without doing so. I am thoroughly displeased and any value I had found in the product itself was obliterated by the sneaky, unsavory and morally devoid practices of the company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 04:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pimsleur-Approach/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103/Pimsleur-Approach-Justifying-retaining-credit-card-and-personal-information-to-send-much-1007674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pimsleur Approach