Complaint Review: Pimsleur Approach

• Updated: Fri, May 24, 2013

• Reported By: YolitaTX — Houston Texas
Pimsleur Approach
2811 Southampton Rd. Philadelphia, PA 19154 Internet USA

Pimsleur Approach AKA Internet Order LLC of Philadelphia ? Unexpected Ripoff from a Company affiliated with Simon & Schuster, Inc. Internet Nationwide

*General Comment: Same experience

I was soooo surprised when USPS dropped at my door yesterday, a box that I wasn't expecting.  The remitent was INTERNET ORDER LLC,

2811 Southampton Road, Philadelphia PA 19154. I had no idea what company was it, I certainly had not ordered anything from them.

I carefully opened the outer box and inside another black box with the engraving of PIMSLEUR APPROACH - Gold Edition.  Inside are 16 CDsof a course of Brazilian Portuguese.  I, then remembered I had bought on the Internet a couple of months ago, a Set of four CDs for about $10.00 that was advertised on the Internet.  I haven't even opened those first CDs which advertise on the cover "Quick and Simple" Brazilian Portuguese.  No Books! No Classes! Totally Audio!

I'm planning to attend the Olympic Games in Brazil and figured a few words in Portuguese would help my Spanish to communicate with the Brazilians.  What I didn't expect was that those "few words" I need, were going to cost me $256.00 for this box and they suppose to send me another one in about 60 with the NEXT LEVEL of this "Gold Course"according to the form that comes with the box and signed by an Alan English.  The thing I don't even know is how many levels of this Course do they have?  This could run into the hundreds or thousands of dollars and they have my credit card in their hands!!!  What a way to operate!!!  A real unexpected RIPOFF!!!  I'll have to dispute the charges with my bank and probably close my credit card, before this people have a great party with my hard earned money.

Please, don't fall for this "offer" in the Internet, their "innocent little ads" appear everywhere and you may get tempted to take the offer of learning a language for $10.00.... BEWARE, don't fall for it!!!

Today I'm checking the Complaints about this company and found almost 100 and all recent ones.  We should unite and sue this people big time for the scheme they have going on.  Any lawyer out there who would like to take the case?  Unfortunately I'm not one, otherwise I'd volunteer at once.

YolitaTx

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2013 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pimsleur-Approach/internet/Pimsleur-Approach-AKA-Internet-Order-LLC-of-Philadelphia-Unexpected-Ripoff-from-a-Compa-1053660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pimsleur Approach

#1 General Comment

Same experience

AUTHOR: Shain - ()

I am a victim too..and I wish I had a Lawyer...I wish we could all get together and get this company shut down...It's apalling how they are tricking people into this and sucking up their hard earned money.