Complaint Review: Pimsleur Approach

• Updated: Fri, October 05, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Cincinnati Ohio United States of America
Pimsleur Approach
2811 Southhampton Rd. Internet United States of America

Pimsleur Approach AKA Stroll Hidden sale expenses with a built in 30 day trial on $480.00 upgrade with a poor return policy. By the way, the two packages did not include an invoice. Only a brochure talking about the 30 day free, Internet

*General Comment: READ BEFORE YOU BUY!!!!!!

Pimsleur Approach AKA Stroll.

Markets(internet) foreign langauge courses at $9.95 per class. Then they build in a sneaky upgrade for $240.00 per class and stick the consumer with the course if you pass a 30 day "free trial".  Didn't even included an invoice with order#. Nothing sent in the mail either. Customer service and receivables talked as if they fealt sophisticated. Yet, very week consumer interface and a poor return policy on brand new unused goods.  I will pay my bill and then stay away from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pimsleur-Approach/internet/Pimsleur-Approach-AKA-Stroll-Hidden-sale-expenses-with-a-built-in-30-day-trial-on-48000-944301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pimsleur Approach

#1 General Comment

READ BEFORE YOU BUY!!!!!!

AUTHOR: NO NONSENSE - (United States of America)

I am a consumer who buy online all the time. By now everyone knows that you have to read before you buy. I actually went through the order process for Pimsleur Hatian Creole. I SAW THE ENTIRE program details and its just a shame that good companies like this have to defend themselves against customers who just don't READ. I saw about 3 times something about the Rapid Fluency before i even got to the order page. And me being like i am, I read the part where they ask customers to " see details below". The " Details below"  explain exactly what to expect.  I DON'T see how people DON'T see it!!!!!.  I challenge  all of you to go through the process and look to the left. You wont feel this way if you would have read.  I know that I'm never going to give my credit card info without knowing what my order entails. Ans this Pimsleur company puts it right out in front. There is no "opt out button", there is no small print. Its PLAIN AS DAY. You people need to be ashamed of yourselves trying to tarnish this company's reputation.  I wish I owned this business because id release more press about how many lawsuits have been LOST and how many credit card disputes have been WON in their favor. And for the person who made the post. Maybe you should look into Pimsleur's ESL languages. They teach you Proper English.  You made a lot of grammatical errors and your spellings aren't very accurate .