Complaint Review: Pimsleur Approach

• Submitted: Wed, April 03, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, April 03, 2013

• Reported By: David — Bloomington Indiana
Pimsleur Approach
1600 JFK Blvd. 3rd Floor Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103 Internet United States of America

Pimsleur Approach Kathy Heart Sent me packages without my consent then charged me hundreds of dollars. Internet

I agreed to pay under $10 to receive a package of CDs to learn how to speak french. A couple months later I received another package followed by another package a couple months later.

I did not order either of these extra two packages and Pimsleur charged me $512 for the them. They took $128 directly out of my account, but luckily I had to cancel my debit, so they weren't able to charge more. They recently sent me a letter threatening to take leggal actions against me for not paying.

If they did mention these other purchases when I made my first, they definitely did a great job of hiding these details. I read through the details when making the purchase because I didn't want something like this to happen.

I am a college student and dont have $512 to be spending on learning a foreign language. I havent even used either of the two extra sets of CDs.

I feel like something needs to be done, because I am sure they have tricked many others into doing the same thing. They are basically stealing from innocent people. You should not be allowed to send a person a package without consent and then charge them hundreds of dollars.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pimsleur-Approach/internet/Pimsleur-Approach-Kathy-Heart-Sent-me-packages-without-my-consent-then-charged-me-hundreds-1040489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pimsleur Approach